That's the result what I have hoped (y) Panda Dome + OSArmor= protected
Thx a lot for your work @harlan4096

panda.PNG

harlan4096

Verified
Staff member
Malware Hunter
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, PDP with enhanced tweaks is quite well against exe, Ms Office docs and many .jar files, and the weak vector (scripts and some MsOffice docs & some .jar) is covered by OSA... still there were 2 inactive remnants/leftovers but also blocked by PDAC when ran manually, no entries in Windows AutoRuns sections this time :)

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff member
Malware Hunter
Apr 28, 2015
Well, that's a complementary improvement but not from PDP actually :) soon will try other tests with SysHardener (default tweaks) applied...

But enabling Panda Dome Application Control, al least, will block execution of any .exe and .scr unkown files...

Last edited:

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Oct 31, 2014
Well, that's a complementary improvement but not from PDP actually :) soon will try other tests with SysHardener (default tweaks) applied...

But enabling Panda Dome Application Control, al least, will block execution of any .exe and .scr unkown files...

Every antivirus with osarmor and syshardener is secure. Panda dome still weak alone.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Nov 19, 2014
Every antivirus with osarmor and syshardener is secure. Panda dome still weak alone.
Nope, that is not accurate. The reason that panda is able to protect almost 100% of time with those products is that it stops "100%" of all unkown exe that try to modify anything on C. OSarmor and sysharder can only stop scripts and don't do much for exe malware you launch on your own from download folder or something.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Aug 6, 2014
Panda isn't that bad. Maybe for brand new MT hub stuff it isn't the quickest to detect things, but in real world it is very good and in the end that is what matters. I know a few people (not of this forum, but in real life) who use it and they all have nothing but good words about the bear that protect their pc.
A friend of me who runs a local computer shop always recommend Panda to people because it's the AV that has the lowest amount of issues he says, unlike more popular programs.
Using Panda again myself now for about 3 months and I have to say that my pc never ran so smooth with any other AV program. They improved much over the years.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Oct 31, 2014
Nope, that is not accurate. The reason that panda is able to protect almost 100% of time with those products is that it stops "100%" of all unkown exe that try to modify anything on C. OSarmor and sysharder can only stop scripts and don't do much for exe malware you launch on your own from download folder or something.
Hoe many persons know about SG setings? And the results without osa is very bad. Compare panda with Kaspersky FREE and after tell me why i will give money for panda products

Slyguy

Level 44
Jan 27, 2017
It seems that in the last tests his performance has improved (thanks to osarmor).

PDP w/SG Settings+OSA is world class protection. But you can accomplish a lot with just PDP w/SG Settings and Syshardener (max) which is how I deploy PDP for friends/family. Since you can get PDP licenses for dirt cheap on Ebay, unlimited devices for around $25 a year, it's my gold standard for friends/family and I can basically guarantee they'll never be infected with the above combination. Cheap, easy to deploy, lightweight, and with SG+SysH they are completely safe.

I don't use Russian stuff, so I cannot comment on Kaspersky. I actually won't allow any Chinese/Russian software on my network/devices.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Nov 19, 2014
Hoe many persons know about SG setings? And the results without osa is very bad. Compare panda with Kaspersky FREE and after tell me why i will give money for panda products
I am not telling you to give money to anyone. I am just correcting your statement so other users don't get misinformed.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Oct 31, 2014
I am not telling you to give money to anyone. I am just correcting your statement so other users don't get misinformed.
And i tell just the results from malware hub. Just i can t accept payed programs are weakest from free products. And again i tell any antvirus with osa and syshardener are secure. Like avast free syshardener or avira free syshardener or bitdefender syshardener

TheErzengel

Level 2
Dec 21, 2012
Kaspersky free has one of the best detections zero days. Better than most of the paid products or free. So is not it worth paying for anything in that sense?

There are other values which one pays for X product. Support, extra features or simply for personal tastes. It is said by a user with licenses purchased from Emsisoft, Kaspersky and Panda that uses each product according to its own needs.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Oct 31, 2014
Kaspersky free has one of the best detections zero days. Better than most of the paid products or free. So is not it worth paying for anything in that sense?

There are other values which one pays for X product. Support, extra features or simply for personal tastes. It is said by a user with licenses purchased from Emsisoft, Kaspersky and Panda that uses each product according to its own needs.
Personaly i use 360TS and not Kaspersky. I have licenses frm avast avg eset avira and iam still using the chineze (crap) And what? Never i had infection to my system. The most payed solustion eat many ram and cpu. And the rest we speak about Panda. Compare it with all the payed solutions. I am sure you will see the most bud results

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Aug 6, 2014
And you think with payed your data is secure? With free you pay with ads.
Compared to most other free products with annoying ads and banners, using Panda is a relief. Never seen any popup, advertisement or email spam after almost 4 months of using the free version, even not after registering with my email adress (which is fully optional btw). You just have to disable the two 'panda news' sliders in the settings, and you'll almost forget it is installed.

Slyguy

Level 44
Jan 27, 2017
Compared to most other free products with annoying ads and banners, using Panda is a relief. Never seen any popup, advertisement or email spam after almost 4 months of using the free version, even not after registering with my email adress (which is fully optional btw). You just have to disable the two 'panda news' sliders in the settings, and you'll almost forget it is installed.

The trivial cost of Panda Advanced makes it worth it IMO. Unlimited licenses, $25 a year or less, verified legitimate on Ebay? WIN.

As noted, Free isn't Free. Never has, and never will be. Despite Kaspersky being a very capable product it would never touch my network, ever and I would strongly recommend anyone considering it do some research and listen to people that know. Nothing Russian will set foot into my network and I geo-block the entire continent. Same with China.. They couldn't pay me to use their stuff. Don't even get me started on Avast/AVG and their grotesque datamining or Avira and their Mixpanel unholy alliance.

So yes, while 'some' free products might offer better support than Panda Advanced when alone, Panda Advanced with SG settings and Syshardener/OSArmor is going to do the same without the baggage of the no-really-free crap and be lighter than almost all of them. But more importantly, offer a way better firewall than almost anything else out there.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Oct 31, 2014
Kaspersky and bitfefender free have not ads. Maby you pay with your data .This tell amico,