Status
Not open for further replies.

bjm_

Level 8
Verified
You need to go to Settings. If you click on icon on the top left corner of the screen, you will see Settings.
I did not see Firewall listed under General. I uninstalled Dome Essential before reading this thread. I did not see e.g., how to reset Firewall. I did not see any Firewall settings. That's one reason I uninstalled Dome Essential.
I have the Dome installer saved on my desktop.
2632.png
The main window looked lacking, as if ? missing.
2633.png
Does main window look as expected?
Guess, I'll have to try reinstall. Dome installer did not object to my resident AV. So, IDK
Thanks for your help and interest.

Last edited:

bjm_

Level 8
Verified
No, there should be a lot of icons there. Perhaps a reinstall will help,
Thanks!
Um, should Dome installer object to my resident AV.
Does Dome install as companion AV?
Too bad I did not save Settings pic.
Thanks again.

bjm_

Level 8
Verified
Uninstall it, completely, with Revo. Reboot, reinstall. Make sure no other AV is on it, Dome is NOT a companion, it's a full suite.
Hmm, odd for me Dome installer did not object to my resident AV Webroot. I did have my resident AV "Shut down"....but, usually new AV installer speaks up advising remove other AV.
Okay, we'll start over.
I'll run Panda Generic Uninstaller.
Thanks

Last edited:

Chimaira

Level 4
Hmm, odd for me Dome installer did not object to my resident AV Webroot. I did have my resident AV "Shut down"....but, usually new AV installer speaks up advising remove other AV.
Okay, we'll start over.
I'll run Panda Generic Uninstaller.
Thanks
Always uninstall previous AV before installing new one. If you don't do that then don't be surprised when things don't work as they are supposed to.

bjm_

Level 8
Verified
Always uninstall previous AV before installing new one. If you don't do that then don't be surprised when things don't work as they are supposed to.
Worked before with other. Or, other spoke up. Dome installer was silent re Webroot. Just saying.

bjm_

Level 8
Verified
I think it will, but you can disable Panda's firewall and enable Windows Firewall again, if you want. I have the firewall disabled in Panda as I use Comodo Firewall.
Hmm, I thought new Dome Firewall was reason to play with Dome Essential vs Panda Free.
So, Dome Firewall is standalone....not integral? Not tied to other Dome engines e.g., behavior?

bjm_

Level 8
Verified
Yes it will. Keep in mind, Panda Firewall is quite simply, one of the best software firewalls I've ever seen. So you'd probably be wise to use that over Windows Firewall. (or any other firewall for that matter)
Yeah, seemed odd to me that Dome Firewall was not in automatic program control for known trusted e.g., firefox.exe #62.

motox781

Level 9
Verified
Yes it will. Keep in mind, Panda Firewall is quite simply, one of the best software firewalls I've ever seen. So you'd probably be wise to use that over Windows Firewall. (or any other firewall for that matter)
I downloaded Panda Complete Dome after reading your posts, but idk, meh... I just couldn't stand the UI.

What do you think about Kaspersky Firewall?

LahiruTarz

Level 3
I picked up Essential giveaway, yesterday. I installed Dome Essential and did not see Firewall as described in this thread. I did receive several connection alert popups... but, did not find Firewall with Settings as this thread describes.
View attachment 185727
IDK....maybe, I'll try Dome reinstall ?
I never got these kind of alerts... Should I reinstall?

Slyguy

Level 43
I never got these kind of alerts... Should I reinstall?
You shouldn't get these alerts because Firefox is a validated, signed, and commonly seen entity. But since we know his install was borked, that was probably causing all types of issues.

The firewall appears to only trigger on blocks, newly seen, seldom seen, karma type files and IPS hits. This lowers the amount of popups to the bare minimum while still offering a fairly comprehensive IPS firewall and application blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.