G Data

uninfected1

Level 10
Verified
OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Just my 2 cents..... I know from past uninstalling issues, you MUST run the Panda Uninstall tool.....

How to uninstall Panda from the computer - Technical Support - Panda Security

Uninstall Tool...
http://www.pandasecurity.com/resources/tools/uninstaller.exe

I have “Global Dome” on 2 laptops, and the wife’s new pc, and love it. And yes, I’ve had install issues, also. (y)
Install issues for me too. Install froze at about 95%. Left it there for about fifteen minutes to see if it would complete but it didn't so aborted but found out it had installed correctly. There don't seem to be any problems. All modules appear to be working fine and it's updating as it should.

Like you though, in every other respect I'm very pleased with it and Panda's best offering so far imo.

davisd

Level 20
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
I actually had so much trouble to get that Panda Dome Malware/Phishing URL protection to work, so apparently in my case upon installing PDA 18.05.00,
Capture.PNG
If I unsellect 2# and 3# URL protection still doesn't work after installing and restarting system.

Capture2.PNG
Capture6.PNG
Capture7.PNG
So I left all 1#, 2#, and 3# enabled. Then went and uninstalled PSW, leaving ONLY URL filtering installed and restarted, same, URL protection doesn't work.

Capture3.PNG
Capture4.PNG
After multiple tries installed with all 1#, 2# and 3# enabled, kept PSW, and malicious URL filtering finally worked in chrome, but there's one problem, it still shows after multiple infected pages that it detected 0.

Capture12.PNG
Capture45.PNG
Capture46.PNG
Oh, and you better don't use Panda Safe Web ext from Chrome Web Store as it forces you to use Yahoo search engine and you can't change it, also selecting multiple tracking blockers, trashes/slowly loads many web pages. But it's not the case with Panda Safe Web installed together with Panda Dome installer, because Chrome is clean without ext/toolbars, just IE is filled with toolbar, since I rarely use IE, it's whatever really.

Edit: Better don't experiment installing Panda Safe Web while you have Panda's URL protection working from PSW installed together with Panda Dome at the start, because when you remove extension, URL protection doesn't work anymore in any browser, even in IE, you have to restart PC for malicious URL filtering to get back working. Learning the hard way. LOL

Last edited:

davisd

Level 20
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Edit: Better don't experiment installing Panda Safe Web while you have Panda's URL protection working from PSW installed together with Panda Dome at the start, because when you remove extension, URL protection doesn't work anymore in any browser, even in IE, you have to restart PC for malicious URL filtering to get back working. Learning the hard way. LOL
Nop, apperantly I fkd up more than I thought by removing PSW ext, now even reinstalling Panda Dome with all toolbar crap doesn't bring back URL protection. Reseting/restoring firewall rules in Panda also didn't work, how hard could it be to make URL protection work properly in a AV suite lmao.

davisd

Level 20
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
So I left all 1#, 2#, and 3# enabled. Then went and uninstalled PSW, leaving ONLY URL filtering installed and restarted, same, URL protection doesn't work.
Bizzare. Made an another reinstall of Panda Dome installing together with Panda Safe Web, and this isn't true anymore, removed Panda Safe Web after and left only Panda Security URL Filtering. Now URL protection works without a need of PSW extension/Panda Safe Web. Works in IE (without a need of a toolbar) Chrome/Firefox, didn't try other browsers though.

Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG

After multiple tries installed with all 1#, 2# and 3# enabled, kept PSW, and malicious URL filtering finally worked in chrome, but there's one problem, it still shows after multiple infected pages that it detected 0.
@Slyguy Since you have more experience with Dome, can you kindly explain why it doesn't log malicious web pages blocked in UI? Do you have the 'Safe Browsing' windows displaying correctly after visiting malicious URL's ?

Last edited:

spaceoctopus

Level 13
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
Trying Panda Dome Essential + HMPA on one of my machines at work for about 2 weeks now.So far, everything's fine. No slowdowns at all. Super light protection.

Those saying that the installation is a bit long or have a feeling that it froze are right. It takes some time to install, you just have to be patient.I think they could improve that later:)

uninfected1

Level 10
Verified
OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Bizzare. Made an another reinstall of Panda Dome installing together with Panda Safe Web, and this isn't true anymore, removed Panda Safe Web after and left only Panda Security URL Filtering. Now URL protection works without a need of PSW extension/Panda Safe Web. Works in IE (without a need of a toolbar) Chrome/Firefox, didn't try other browsers though.

View attachment 187236 View attachment 187237 View attachment 187238

@Slyguy Since you have more experience with Dome, can you kindly explain why it doesn't log malicious web pages blocked in UI? Do you have the 'Safe Browsing' windows displaying correctly after visiting malicious URL's ?
Surely it's unnecessary to install Safe Web if you want URL filtering on all versions except the free version because it is incorporated in the safe browsing module.

Also, if anyone is interested, Panda are now providing free licenses for their Dome Advanced version via a certain giveaway site. Just google 'Free Panda Dome Advanced 100% discount' and you'll find it. I think it's got about ten days to run.

Slyguy

Level 37
Verified
OS
Other OS
Then why it doesn't log blocked malicious pages and always stays on 0. detected in Safe Browsing module?
Probably another one of the many bugs in Panda. Sadly. I found it pretty buggy, and as noted in a previous post, we found a way to basically brick it by taking an unknown app and forcing it to run constantly like malware potentially would. The machine will become almost entirely unresponsive while Panda tries to continously deal with the threat.

Non-Notification of threats is an absolutely unacceptable bug.. I would toss 3-4 threats at it, and it would block them, but never actually notify or update the logs with the blocks. So you'd be playing guess work on it. I suspect that's the same bug you ran into with the web page blocks.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
I saw on one of the reviews that it slows VPN's down, I noticed this with the last generation of Panda, it took a while to clue up as to what program was doing it, but it certainly did. If it wasn’t for that I would give it a good try. Sorry if this has been mentioned, I have read the thread but going senile :)

uninfected1

Level 10
Verified
OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Kaspersky
It certainly does appear to be very buggy to put it mildly. Some modules don't seem to be working at all. I haven't been able to get parental controls to work either. Regardless of what categories are selected, nothing is blocked. Has anyone had any success with it?

EDIT: I'm now wondering how many of these modules are actually working. Parental controls isn't working at all for me, and it would also seem that safe browsing isn't functioning properly. Add to that the non notification of threats fiasco and I'm now having serious doubts about whether I should continue using this.

Last edited:

davisd

Level 20
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Just got an email from my ISP that my network/Dynamic IP or PC has been infected with Win32/Gozi and that was after a clean router reset, windows 1803 reinstall and panda dome advanced with all sliders in firewall enabled. I just felt from my chair. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Edit: Got a new Dynamic IP and all good. Looks like my ISP giving to consumers previously infected/breached dynamic IP's so they have a reason after to send scare e-mails and redirect users to F-Secure web page, to clean my PC, lol. Nothing to do with Panda.

Gozi Trojan Threat Analysis

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 10
Verified
OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Kaspersky
This isn't looking so good for Panda Dome. Maybe @mekelek has a point :D

Slyguy, were you able to get parental controls working, because regardless of what categories I check, it is completely ineffective?

At the very least it would appear that Dome is not the finished article yet, and as you've said there are some aspects that just aren't acceptable.

Slyguy

Level 37
Verified
OS
Other OS
Just got an email from my ISP that my network/Dynamic IP or PC has been infected with Win32/Gozi and that was after a clean router reset, windows 1803 reinstall and panda dome advanced with all sliders in firewall enabled. I just felt from my chair. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Edit: Got a new Dynamic IP and all good. Looks like my ISP giving to consumers previously infected/breached dynamic IP's so they have a reason after to send scare e-mails and redirect users to F-Secure web page, to clean my PC, lol. Nothing to do with Panda.
Your ISP is full of it. Anyway, you can assign yourself a new dynamic IP. Unplug your modem, disconnect the cable from the modem. The cable disconnection drops the capacitance check at the node which signals a lease removal. Leave it unplugged overnight. In the morning plug everything back in, and 90% of the time you'll be on a new DHCP Lease. Some ISP's have longer lease times, so you may need to wait a bit longer, but it's not common to have huge lease times on the class B's they generally allocate to each node.

On another note, be careful with ISP provided F-Secure.. My ISP provides free licenses to F-Secure but there is a MiTM RootCA installed with it and it redirects to an ISP sponsored page for NXDOMAIN errors which include advertisers/sponsors. F-Secure provides my ISP with a custom installer with all of the junk in it. (n)

As for Panda.. Some missed potential.. Nice interface, lots of features, strong firewall but buggy modules, broken logging, broken active protection remediation for persistently launching threats. With the right tweaks it works quite well and is very protective from real-world activities in my experience (and apparently according to testing firms and youtube). I wouldn't recommend it in view of those issues unless you know going into it it's wonky at times.

spaceoctopus

Level 13
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
After using Panda Dome Essential for some time now, well, its super light,nice interface and excellent web protection.

But, damn, there's tons of bugs in the product. Notifications not working correctly or take ages to appear. Wrong amount of blocked websites diaplayed for web protection. Real time shield failing to detect and react to Eicar test files, except when i sent them to recycle bin. Real time protection failing to start on Pc startup or just stops working while your doing your daily work on your Pc. Sometimes it's not present in the windows security center hence giving your system an "Unsecure" rating.

Product is kinda in early Beta lol.
I like Panda, but seriously, avoid using their products for now. Wait for some fixes.:X3:(n)

uninfected1

Level 10
Verified
OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Kaspersky
After using Panda Dome Essential for some time now, well, its super light,nice interface and excellent web protection.

But, damn, there's tons of bugs in the product. Notifications not working correctly or take ages to appear. Wrong amount of blocked websites diaplayed for web protection. Real time shield failing to detect and react to Eicar test files, except when i sent them to recycle bin. Real time protection failing to start on Pc startup or just stops working while your doing your daily work on your Pc. Sometimes it's not present in the windows security center hence giving your system an "Unsecure" rating.

Product is kinda in early Beta lol.
I like Panda, but seriously, avoid using their products for now. Wait for some fixes.:X3:(n)
Security Features Check – AMTSO
I completely agree. How Panda could have released their Dome range in this state is unbelievable. I tried to run the Amsto checks above and first off Dome failed the #6 phishing test, and when I ran check #1 for manual download of malware Panda threw a wobbly saying its protection had been disabled and a restart was required, so I didn't bother even trying the other EICAR tests.

Dome is quite clearly not fit for purpose and as you say it feels like it's in early Beta. Who knows whether things will improve but for now I would advise people not to use it.

Last edited:

davisd

Level 20
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Who knows whether things will improve but for now I would advise people not to use it.
It'll take some time for them, but I've come to the same conclusion, I would like to return to Panda Dome one day after most of the bugs are ironed out. It's not really safe to run it now, knowing that protection might suddenly turn off itself, or don't turn on at all like @spaceoctopus said. Sad, but I still have a hope for them.

spaceoctopus

Level 13
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
It'll take some time for them, but I've come to the same conclusion, I would like to return to Panda Dome one day after most of the bugs are ironed out. It's not really safe to run it now, knowing that protection might suddenly turn off itself, or don't turn on at all like @spaceoctopus said. Sad, but I still have a hope for them.
If the product was stable and they didn't do a half hearted job, it would be an excellent product. Not the best, but for those searching for small system footprints and very good protection. If it's failing basic security tests, such as AMTSO phishing test and Eicar test file, better avoid using it.

Sadly i always get the impression that for home users, they neglect a lot of things.They seem to focus more on their business products.

OS
Windows 10
If the product was stable and they didn't do a half hearted job, it would be an excellent product. Not the best, but for those searching for small system footprints and very good protection. If it's failing basic security tests, such as AMTSO phishing test and Eicar test file, better avoid using it.

Sadly i always get the impression that for home users, they neglect a lot of things.They seem to focus more on their business products.
In my experience, the phishing test from amtso makes some other suites fail too. Eset IS 11 and g data IS also missed that one in my VM. Is it about a bad test or lots of suites not capable of handling anti phishing in a proper way?

davisd

Level 20
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny

View attachment 187236 View attachment 187237 View attachment 187238
I am about to flip my table here. :mad: After re-installing Panda Dome Complete with all Panda Safe Web options un-checked, I can NOT seem to get URL filtering to work, tried to manually install from here Panda Safe Web then uninstall and leave only URL filtering, still doesn't work, nor on IE, Firefox, Chrome. Panda_URL_Filteringb.exe outgoing allowed in Firewall, restarted in Services, restarted VM several times, tried without VPN, nada, but shouldn't have done that lol :whistle::X3:
Untitled.jpg
Panda Dome makes me outrageous, it's like living in a abusive relationship you don't want to leave and want to try so hard to make it work.. :LOL::D I will keep punching Panda until I understand why it's not working..

EDIT 1:

Not signed and "Low risk" ? Are they kidding or what.. Also, why the hell it says in info that it's no longer on the system when it actually is LOL

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

EDIT 2: Apparently http://updates.pandasecurity.com/toolbar/update/urlfilter2/64/panda_url_filtering.xml doesn't even exist, so Panda pulls blacklist which is not found? :unsure:

EDIT 3: Will wait for a respnse from them now, also reported non-working Safe Browsing module not logging blocked URL's, will update this post when they get back to me (hopefully this year).
5.PNG

Last edited: