Status
Not open for further replies.

uninfected1

Level 10
Verified
Well done for your perseverance @davisd. I know what you mean about Panda Dome. It has a lot of potential and if it worked as it should it would be excellent but at the moment it is still clearly not fit for purpose. It should never have been released as it is and it has put me off Panda products. Good luck with your response. If you get a solution to these issues you'll be doing all of us a favour who would like to use Dome but aren't willing to in its current state.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Coincidence or not after my support request (they haven't answered me yet), but after latest Panda's cloud sync, Safe Browsing module actually started to log malicious web pages. Panda Safe Web and URL filtering are NOT installed. First time ever since Panda Dome release I see that new web warnning. :eek:(y) Anyway, in some cases warning is not shown, instead, malicious pages ends up with ERROR 404.

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

uninfected1

Level 10
Verified
@davisd At last something positive. If the safe browsing module is working as it should then I don' t see why you would need to install Safe Web or URL filtering. Would you go as far as to say the safe browsing module is now working as it should?

Also have you managed to get Parental Controls to work? When I tried a few weeks ago nothing at all was blocked regardless of what categories I selected.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

If the safe browsing module is working as it should then I don' t see why you would need to install Safe Web or URL filtering.
Exactly. Hopefully Safe Browsing will keep working.

Would you go as far as to say the safe browsing module is now working as it should?
Personally, I think it's in work-in-progress still, but looks like they are doing something under the "background" with these cloud sync's/updates, so that's good.

Also have you managed to get Parental Controls to work? When I tried a few weeks ago nothing at all was blocked regardless of what categories I selected.
It works very well here. HTTPS requests end's in connection reset, and HTTP requests in Panda's warning, that's how it should be. (y) I haven't tested all categories in Parental Control, but as far as I can tell, it's precise, of course not perfect, some not so popular websites are hit and miss, but the most popular ones are blocked, depending on categories selected. I also like that user can exclude certain domains. Haven't tested much 1st category "Adverts/Pop-Ups", last time I selected it, pages were loading a bit longer, it can't really replace uBlock/Adguard, but as simple ad/trackers blocking it works fine. ;)

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

uninfected1

Level 10
Verified
Thanks a lot for the feedback. As you say it's still a work in progress in many respects and it's too early for me to think of going back to Panda as there has been no updated version to address some of the fundamental problems with Dome. When it is updated I'm sure they'll be a lot of us keen to see if it is improved.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

EDIT 3: Will wait for a respnse from them now, also reported non-working Safe Browsing module not logging blocked URL's, will update this post when they get back to me (hopefully this year).
So after 5 working days from last friday, they replied to me. As a paid Panda customer 5day. wait time for a support to answer is quite long time, anyway I didn't expect other answer for them, but there's one problem now, I'm not sure what to report exactly, because need to start from the beginning which modules are actually working, as this is very time consuming process, I don't have that much time right now to dig into each and every Panda's module, but this is very good oportunity to report them every malfunction of Panda Dome since they seem to cooperate now to find bugs. I actually might need some help from fellow MT members who are interested to report found bugs in Panda Dome. To make it clear, you can just fire up Panda Dome in a VM and play around with it and send me PSInfo log file so I can directly send them to support, so they can investigate and look for any errors/improvements need to make. I will look what can I do myself and report non-working things. ;)

Here's a link for a PSInfo. Panda Info Tool

My client number: 669885034

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting us.
I am sorry to keep you waiting, in order to continue with the study of your incident and resolve it, Panda Security needs to gather more informations about the problem, could you please be so kind and provide us with more informations and also reproduce and describe the problem?

In order to continue with the study of your incident and resolve it, Panda Security needs to gather the following data from your computer:

Panda Support Information tool:

1. Please download the Panda Support Information tool onto your computer. The downloaded file should look like this:

1528999257856.png
  2. Double click on the downloaded file, a new window should appear afterwards:

1528999258019.png
  3. After a brief moment, the following window will be displayed. Please read and accept the terms to proceed:
  4. Enter the client number, select the product from the drop-down menu and make sure that the box that says Do not send, save local is ticked and the path to save the file chosen.
  5. Wait until the data is gathered.

1528999258215.png
  6. This icon will indicate whether the data is still being gathered:

1528999258376.png
  7. Once the files are gathered, they will be stored in the chosen path and the file will be named similarly to the following example:

1528999258528.png
  8. Attach the requested file to an email and send it to us in a reply to this message for us to complete the study of the incident and solve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

So I spent some time reporting most annoying things and bugs, also some of the things written here about Panda Dome. Reported friday, got reply in next working day (today). Lets hope for some improvements made in next coming versions. :emoji_fingers_crossed: :giggle:

Dear client,

We do appreciate all the effort you have put in testing our product and actually highlighting the flaws that Panda Dome might have come up with. This is a fairly new product, as it has been release just couple of months ago and it is being improved all the time with the use of feedback we are receiving from customers, such as yours, however we must tell you that we'd wish to have such lengthy and detailed feedbacks more often!

What can be promised is that your feedback will be sent to our development team, and due to the fact that it has all the details and ideas they could ask for, I'm pretty certain that they will be able to look into it and actually make some changes eventually.

Thank you again for all your effort and have a good day!

Sincerely,

Technical Support

uninfected1

Level 10
Verified
Great job @davisd . Let's hope Panda really mean what they say and all your effort will do some good. The suite from Dome Essential upwards has the potential to be excellent if it works as it should. I'm not holding my breath though and it's still far too early to feel confident of returning. Panda seem to be explaining away the issues as the sort of thing you would expect with any new product but things were way worse than users had any right to expect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

new v18.06.00 is looking great so far, better integration in WSC, notifications appear correctly so far, better handling of found threats upon execution (no leftovers), increased web protection (also now correctly display blocked web page count in Safe Browsing and automatically refreshes without need to go back/forth in windows to refresh), refresh problem still persistent in Event Report. There's probably more small fixes and more on the way. (y)

Real time protection failing to start on Pc startup or just stops working while your doing your daily work on your Pc
Can't reproduce this, maybe some incompatibility issues with other programms?

uninfected1

Level 10
Verified
That is very good news @davisd . From what you say it does seem as if 18.06 has addressed nearly all of the issues that you and the rest of us had with it. When my current Eset license expires soon I'll give Dome Advanced another go.

EDIT: HI @davisd . I forgot to mention, do you know if Panda now passes the AMTSo phishing test? Eset does:
Feature Settings Check – Phishing Page – AMTSO

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

EDIT: HI @davisd . I forgot to mention, do you know if Panda now passes the AMTSo phishing test? Eset does:
Feature Settings Check – Phishing Page – AMTSO
Sadly not. It's malicious url detection is still average. It may handle very well malicious never before seen malware in .exe's, .js, but system can be bricked with some simple .bat's, .cmd's, here's an example below which spawns a lot procceses. I would still recommend not to use Panda yet, it may be improved, but not to a point to be used daily and "feel safe".

we found a way to basically brick it by taking an unknown app and forcing it to run constantly like malware potentially would. The machine will become almost entirely unresponsive while Panda tries to continously deal with the threat.
I've reported this before, hopefully they will come out with a fix in next versions, 18.06.00 didn't solve it.

uninfected1

Level 10
Verified
Really appreciate your efforts regarding Dome @davisd. From what you've said 18.06.00 sounds as if it has resolved some of the issues but it seems as if it still has some way to go and like you I wouldn't feel safe using it despite the improvements. Disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.