harlan4096

Staff member
Malware Hunter
Verified
Hum... :emoji_thinking: We all know these types of sample packs, most are old and many of the "suposes" malware files or can't run or are "legitimate pups" or are harmless cracks...

I tested Panda Dome Premium (with @Slyguy Settings) and Panda Dome Free + NVT SH and NVT OSA here at MWHub for several months, with samples from @silversurfer & @Der.Reisende, and even hardening the system the results are there... got infected many times, the testing were a pin, signature detection almost inexistent even testing the packs about 15 or 16 hours later...

Slyguy

Level 40
Panda is suitable for 'basic' users and will be sufficient enough in most cases. However it is strongly encouraged to combine it with VS or OSA after Syshardener is executed. At that point it's protective enough for the vast majority of situations. In high risk situations I recommend SG Settings combined with above.

I routinely provide Panda Dome Advanced w/SG Settings, Syshardener executed to friends and family and nobody has ever gotten infected so under average, mundane conditions it's sufficient with those two things.

I wouldn't run Panda vanilla though, especially not the free version.

stefanos

Level 21
Verified
Panda is suitable for 'basic' users and will be sufficient enough in most cases. However it is strongly encouraged to combine it with VS or OSA after Syshardener is executed. At that point it's protective enough for the vast majority of situations. In high risk situations I recommend SG Settings combined with above.

I routinely provide Panda Dome Advanced w/SG Settings, Syshardener executed to friends and family and nobody has ever gotten infected so under average, mundane conditions it's sufficient with those two things.

Agree with you (y)

Andy Ful

Level 41
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified

AV + script blocking is usually enough. This is true for most free AVs.

Slyguy

Level 40
Panda Mobile is excellent and feature rich. The price I get 3 year Panda Dome Advanced licenses for $sub35 for unlimited devices, 3 years. I tend to use it on all family mobile devices as well. It's lightweight, feature rich, and protective enough and at that price - an easy decision.

I'm generally a fan of Panda, all things considered, but know the limitations of the Windows version. Keeping in mind, almost all of my family/friends have Gryphon's, so they could likely run Panda Dome Advanced Vanilla and not have a single issue anyway.