App Review Panda Dome free Antivirus Test 2019

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hum... :unsure: We all know these types of sample packs, most are old and many of the "suposes" malware files or can't run or are "legitimate pups" or are harmless cracks...

I tested Panda Dome Premium (with @ForgottenSeer 58943 Settings) and Panda Dome Free + NVT SH and NVT OSA here at MWHub for several months, with samples from @silversurfer & @Der.Reisende, and even hardening the system the results are there... got infected many times, the testing were a pin, signature detection almost inexistent even testing the packs about 15 or 16 hours later...

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Panda is suitable for 'basic' users and will be sufficient enough in most cases. However it is strongly encouraged to combine it with VS or OSA after Syshardener is executed. At that point it's protective enough for the vast majority of situations. In high risk situations I recommend SG Settings combined with above.

I routinely provide Panda Dome Advanced w/SG Settings, Syshardener executed to friends and family and nobody has ever gotten infected so under average, mundane conditions it's sufficient with those two things.

I wouldn't run Panda vanilla though, especially not the free version.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
And I tested Panda free with old samples but it was also infected. :)

Poor infected Panda. I hope it gets better.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Panda is suitable for 'basic' users and will be sufficient enough in most cases. However it is strongly encouraged to combine it with VS or OSA after Syshardener is executed. At that point it's protective enough for the vast majority of situations. In high risk situations I recommend SG Settings combined with above.

I routinely provide Panda Dome Advanced w/SG Settings, Syshardener executed to friends and family and nobody has ever gotten infected so under average, mundane conditions it's sufficient with those two things.

Agree with you (y)

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Panda is weak, but it is valid for certain low risk users.
Thanks for sharing.(y)
Agree. If you are low risk user. If you have one laptop 4 gb ram is good choice. Have very nice gui. And boot time with Panda is very fast. Menu with many languages. And if combinate Panda with VS and 2 extensions after is good choice. But alone is risk

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014

AV + script blocking is usually enough. This is true for most free AVs.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Panda Mobile is excellent and feature rich. The price I get 3 year Panda Dome Advanced licenses for $sub35 for unlimited devices, 3 years. I tend to use it on all family mobile devices as well. It's lightweight, feature rich, and protective enough and at that price - an easy decision.

I'm generally a fan of Panda, all things considered, but know the limitations of the Windows version. Keeping in mind, almost all of my family/friends have Gryphon's, so they could likely run Panda Dome Advanced Vanilla and not have a single issue anyway.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.