Slyguy

Level 40
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Other OS
Panda Dome Free itself won't be very good.

Panda Dome Advanced, combined with Syshardener and SG settings is fully protective against most. Toss in OSA and you will be top notch against most anything you should encounter. I wouldn't feel confident with PDF alone, honestly.

Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
How about PDF + OSA + VS? What do you think guys? Am helping out volunteers with a non-profit organization who are using refurbished laptops due to budget constraints, so we use mostly freeware (except Windows 7 and MS Office). Is this combo of 3 free softs adequate layering for people without dangerous surfing habits? (Btw I had a borked laptop with CFW and CS so did not consider that)

Slyguy

Level 40
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Other OS
How about PDF + OSA + VS? What do you think guys? Am helping out volunteers with a non-profit organization who are using refurbished laptops due to budget constraints, so we use mostly freeware (except Windows 7 and MS Office). Is this combo of 3 free softs adequate layering for people without dangerous surfing habits? (Btw I had a borked laptop with CFW and CS so did not consider that)
PDF+OSA OR VS (not both), with Syshardener executed will be all that you will need. No need to stack more than that IMO. Remember, PDF alone with Syshardener is actually quite sufficient itself in all but the worst cases.

Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
PDF+OSA OR VS (not both), with Syshardener executed will be all that you will need. No need to stack more than that IMO. Remember, PDF alone with Syshardener is actually quite sufficient itself in all but the worst cases.
Thanks SG! I only thought of VS because I know that OSA is good for scripts and malicious docs but not as strong against exe, where VS shines. But ticking all the OSA options can do the same job I guess (with a little more FP).

Moonhorse

Level 22
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender
To avoid stacking, both SW doing same things

Imo OSA is more friendly, and can do most things sh can do. If something gets false flagged you get pop-up about wich thing is blocked and why

Just run OSA + disable scripts + any else you need