App Review Panda dome free vs Gandcrab(5.0.9)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

erreale

Level 9
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
giphy.gif

Oops, where are my files? I was sure I put them here in some folder! Damn it I can not find them ...

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Panda Dome Free itself won't be very good.

Panda Dome Advanced, combined with Syshardener and SG settings is fully protective against most. Toss in OSA and you will be top notch against most anything you should encounter. I wouldn't feel confident with PDF alone, honestly.

noob guy

Level 1
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
How about PDF + OSA + VS? What do you think guys? Am helping out volunteers with a non-profit organization who are using refurbished laptops due to budget constraints, so we use mostly freeware (except Windows 7 and MS Office). Is this combo of 3 free softs adequate layering for people without dangerous surfing habits? (Btw I had a borked laptop with CFW and CS so did not consider that)

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

How about PDF + OSA + VS? What do you think guys? Am helping out volunteers with a non-profit organization who are using refurbished laptops due to budget constraints, so we use mostly freeware (except Windows 7 and MS Office). Is this combo of 3 free softs adequate layering for people without dangerous surfing habits? (Btw I had a borked laptop with CFW and CS so did not consider that)

PDF+OSA OR VS (not both), with Syshardener executed will be all that you will need. No need to stack more than that IMO. Remember, PDF alone with Syshardener is actually quite sufficient itself in all but the worst cases.

noob guy

Level 1
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
PDF+OSA OR VS (not both), with Syshardener executed will be all that you will need. No need to stack more than that IMO. Remember, PDF alone with Syshardener is actually quite sufficient itself in all but the worst cases.
Thanks SG! I only thought of VS because I know that OSA is good for scripts and malicious docs but not as strong against exe, where VS shines. But ticking all the OSA options can do the same job I guess (with a little more FP).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.