App Review Panda Free Antivirus 2016 Test (MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
My experience is not good with Panda. So I uninstalled it. The sad thing was even after uninstalling Panda AntiFishing Module was still running ( Showing in Task Manager).

I used then Panda Uninstaller tool. But still it was active on my system. I was not able to remove it. Finally what I did I just disabled it's from auto starting up. :(

Reactions: frogboy

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
You can always uninstall url-filtering module from the add/remove programs in config screen.

I had problems with failing windows to boot several times, so no more panda for me on my computer!

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
My experience is not good with Panda. So I uninstalled it. The sad thing was even after uninstalling Panda AntiFishing Module was still running ( Showing in Task Manager).

I used then Panda Uninstaller tool. But still it was active on my system. I was not able to remove it. Finally what I did I just disabled it's from auto starting up. :(

I think Qihoo > Baidu > Panda base on my personal opinion.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
You can always uninstall url-filtering module from the add/remove programs in config screen.

I had problems with failing windows to boot several times, so no more panda for me on my computer!

There is no opetion for that. I got one toolbar uninstall option that I already did. Still nothing.
Shame that a reputed Antivirus company even does not know how to uninstall properly.

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011

That's why,IMHO,it's always better to have a clean system image when installing a new AV or security solution....

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Totally agree, the uninstall function on Panda products are horrible, they don't remove the product properly, crash and kill your connection. I tried Panda GP once, couldn't remove it properly, called their FREE tech support and they informed me that the support is only for people who paid for their product.

Reactions: Anupam

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
MD, Great review on Panda AV. Seems like it did really well.

Basic users may get false positives though, and remove or disable legit programs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.