App Review Panda Free Antivirus 2018: Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Aerdian

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2018

Please note that this video was created before receiving feedback on my most recent video (Windows Defender Review), so please don't be upset if I didn't use your suggestions yet :)

Additionally, Panda Free did not block any web threats. I'm guessing something went wrong there, so just to let you know. Also, I plan to make a new video soon that tests Panda Free again in case something did go wrong with the test and also to do dynamic testing. If any of you know what happened with the web detection, please let me know :)

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Ok review is nice
But it would be better if you leave this PANDA FREE (Trash)
Their web protection is a Garbage..& their Vt signatures "Trj.Genetic" -95% of Panda detections is that
If possible :
Trend micro (Proactive) test
Ahnlab(Proactive) test against Ransom is welcomed
Thanks.

Aerdian

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2018
Ok review is nice
But it would be better if you leave this PANDA FREE (Trash)
Their web protection is a Garbage..& their Vt signatures "Trj.Genetic" -95% of Panda detections is that
If possible :
Trend micro (Proactive) test
Ahnlab(Proactive) test against Ransom is welcomed
Thanks.

Okay. I had the web protection turned on, but it didn't seem to be working. I even tested more URLs and none of them were detected. I assumed it was just really bad, but I also thought I could have done something wrong :) I will add Trend Micro and Ahnlab to my future test list.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Okay. I had the web protection turned on, but it didn't seem to be working. I even tested more URLs and none of them were detected. I assumed it was just really bad, but I also thought I could have done something wrong :) I will add Trend Micro and Ahnlab to my future test list.

Remember this when u test PANDA FREE
tumblr_oe7mftPwNp1vdf0k5o1_500.gif

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Thanks for the test.
  • When you talk about Panda not being light, please make sure to provide proof of it like how many processes does it create, average RAM consuming on idle, etc.
  • Pretty sure they already told you on the other video (I know this was pre recorded before that) but make sure to include on the video the dynamic, static and URL test. Else it's not trustworthy your statistics and numbers.
Keep it up.

Aerdian

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2018
Remember this when u test PANDA FREE
View attachment 192721

Oh, my. When you use Panda, you think you’re safe...until you’re attacked.

Thanks for the test.
  • When you talk about Panda not being light, please make sure to provide proof of it like how many processes does it create, average RAM consuming on idle, etc.
  • Pretty sure they already told you on the other video (I know this was pre recorded before that) but make sure to include on the video the dynamic, static and URL test. Else it's not trustworthy your statistics and numbers.
Keep it up.

Yep. Thanks! I’m definitely adding that in future videos.

I

illumination

Please keep in mind, some cloud products can have connections issues in a virtual environment that are not always apparent instantly, which can cause the product to simply not respond, most products will warn you if you lose connection, but this is not always the case, i have seen some products such as reason core security literally just sit there and do nothing with no prompts because of. Over all, i see your tests improving with each one, this is a good thing (y) Your pleasant demeanor coupled with your willingness to learn will carry you far with this crowd.

Aerdian

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2018
Please keep in mind, some cloud products can have connections issues in a virtual environment that are not always apparent instantly, which can cause the product to simply not respond, most products will warn you if you lose connection, but this is not always the case, i have seen some products such as reason core security literally just sit there and do nothing with no prompts because of. Over all, i see your tests improving with each one, this is a good thing (y) Your pleasant demeanor coupled with your willingness to learn will carry you far with this crowd.

Thanks for the information :) I knew that security programs sometimes acted differently in a VM, but I didn't know it had to do with connection issues. Very interesting. I use VMWare, so maybe I could try it in VirtualBox to see if I see any differences.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.