Battle Panda Global Protection 2015 vs BitDefender Total Security 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian1092

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 22, 2012
Panda looked to be in great shape 2 months ago,but unfortunately it cooled off in October and November.And Bitdefender looks to be the more consistent program,not nesseseraly the best ,but always up there with the best...
If for that reason , it was fine but since 2015 versions do not think the new engine, sit well or still is adapting to cloud panda.

In bitdefender change, as has always been maintained in the first 3 ... weird but ...

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
i would go with Panda. For me is the most importan future system response(lightness) and weblightness. Both is not realy good with bitdefender on old/normal machine. Specialy browsing is a mess and browsing(internet) is all about speed. panda offers exellent protection for normal home users and is not that buggy as bitdefender.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In such features and enhancement protection then likely go for Bitdefender excluding the results based on independent test.

For Panda there's a clearly good on web filtering and especially their cloud protection that was introduced before.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I haven't tired panda but bitdefender for me was great, it really did slow down the internet browsing just a bit but that was for the web filtering. Some times it would be a little buggy but not enough to make it a bad product.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Comparision based on info read by AV tests, also MT users etc...! :)

Panda
-Pros
Little Data Collection: Collects the least amount of "Data" of almost any Anti-virus!
Light on System: Runs light on cloud and typically less buggy.
Soild Protection: Good all around protection.
Beating Competition: It's not McAfee or Windows Defender ;)

-Cons
False Positive Land: Personally this isn't a big deal IMO.
Detection Rate: "Medium" It goes up and down.
Uninstalling: Could be a problem for Pro version.
Zero Day Protection: Needs some improvement,
not as impressive in testing as some other top solutions, such as Kapersky, ESET or Bitdefender.

Bitdefender

-Pros
Excellent Protection: Top of the line protection all around, on par with the best.
Zero Day Protection: Good here!

-Cons
Medium to Heavy on System: Not the best, or worst either... acceptable but not great.
Top Buggy Award: BUGGY! Wildcard in its behaviour on a system. Could be great, terrible or middle... one risky bugger for your precious PC.
Boot Time Slower: Increased about 5-15 secs extra, compared with other solutions.

I think both are about even, but I would give an edge to Bitdefender in protection but, Bitdefender can be a ****! ,... but Panda might run smoother on the system overall.

Can't vote... ~Tied~

I'd recommened a different paid product, such as Emsisoft! better code, lighter and less bugs, it uses same engine as Bitdefender + another engine :)

Emsisoft doesn't collect much data on its users, which is nice.

Julian1092

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 22, 2012
Comparision based on info read by AV tests, also MT users etc...! :)

Panda
-Pros
Little Data Collection: Collects the least amount of "Data" of almost any Anti-virus!
Light on System: Runs light on cloud and typically less buggy.
Soild Protection: Good all around protection.
Beating Competition: It's not McAfee or Windows Defender ;)

-Cons
False Positive Land: Personally this isn't a big deal IMO.
Detection Rate: "Medium" It goes up and down.
Uninstalling: Could be a problem for Pro version.
Zero Day Protection: Needs some improvement,
not as impressive in testing as some other top solutions, such as Kapersky, ESET or Bitdefender.

Bitdefender

-Pros
Excellent Protection: Top of the line protection all around, on par with the best.
Zero Day Protection: Good here!

-Cons
Medium to Heavy on System: Not the best, or worst either... acceptable but not great.
Top Buggy Award: BUGGY! Wildcard in its behaviour on a system. Could be great, terrible or middle... one risky bugger for your precious PC.
Boot Time Slower: Increased about 5-15 secs extra, compared with other solutions.

I think both are about even, but I would give an edge to Bitdefender in protection but, Bitdefender can be a ****! ,... but Panda might run smoother on the system overall.

Can't vote... ~Tied~

I'd recommened a different paid product, such as Emsisoft! better code, lighter and less bugs, it uses same engine as Bitdefender + another engine :)

Emsisoft doesn't collect much data on its users, which is nice.

Yeah well I tried the Emsisoft one day, but was terrible I consumed more than 200mb of Ram thing which neither BitDefender (The probe before) I did not consume, stressed that tried the BitDefender & Panda before and as my license ESET defeated and I have to renew and both have an antivirus want to try one, the BitDefender if you somewhat slower start but not something that bothers me, and Panda is light and fast enough but it has a detection rate under a lot from the new light engine XMT this may be the engine change, and maybe then up again but for now, I think the option according BitDefender will see.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Yeah well I tried the Emsisoft one day, but was terrible I consumed more than 200mb of Ram thing which neither BitDefender (The probe before) I did not consume, stressed that tried the BitDefender & Panda before and as my license ESET defeated and I have to renew and both have an antivirus want to try one, the BitDefender if you somewhat slower start but not something that bothers me, and Panda is light and fast enough but it has a detection rate under a lot from the new light engine XMT this may be the engine change, and maybe then up again but for now, I think the option according BitDefender will see.

Ohhh Yikes! No fun.
Good Luck on choosing something, and with Emsisoft,... someone lied to me! ;)
-

I feel ya, I tried free Avast, two years ago... tech bros told me it would run better then the rest, and lord had to get rid of that. Haven't gone back since.

I personally would use something with lower detection that actually runs properly on the computer.

Reactions: nissimezra

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I personally would use something with lower detection that actually runs properly on the computer.

Likely it depends from how they integrate and compress everything to take sum all the resources as much as possible, detections are rather isolated reasons. ;)

Still a grain of salt for checking the stability and performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.