App Review Panda Internet Security review with 17/7/17 #10 Samples

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
This is an experiment from me if this helps other users to decide about the software. If my voice annoys you or my swearing or my pronunciation, feel free to mute it :D
I am by no means an expert, not a novice either, so take this test with a grain of salt I guess, in terms of me claiming a sample "not malicious".

Scored 4 out of 10, files encrypted by ransomware and malware in memory/autorun.

If you liked the video and want me to review an other software, write it down in comments.

Last edited:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I stop watching this test half way in, How on gods green earth can this test be valid ( I am not a panda user) testing malware & a banner pops
up Unknown application running why will a novice/advance user press allow,when he/she is testing a pack of malware,then along comes another tester or viewer saying this is a great video. The hypocrisy in testing products is astounding , example of other things that eats at my heart is a person has 3 malware file on his/her desktop scans them with many product some detect some don't then comes along some so call expert who is a fan of the product that miss the sample & says that test is no relevant samples just don't appear on a machine download it through this or that and it will have been captured these comment in my eyes are pure manure,when these excuses are allowed to thrive then I for sure no where certain products are heading and with these minds at the helm doom will be certain for these mind push quantity instead of quality.

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I stop watching this test half way in, How on gods green earth can this test be valid ( I am not a panda user) testing malware & a banner pops
up Unknown application running why will a novice/advance user press allow,when he/she is testing a pack of malware,then along comes another tester or viewer saying this is a great video. The hypocrisy in testing products is astounding , example of other things that eats at my heart is a person has 3 malware file on his/her desktop scans them with many product some detect some don't then comes along some so call expert who is a fan of the product that miss the sample & says that test is no relevant samples just don't appear on a machine download it through this or that and it will have been captured these comment in my eyes are pure manure,when these excuses are allowed to thrive then I for sure no where certain products are heading and with these minds at the helm doom will be certain for these mind push quantity instead of quality.
did you even listen to the video? samples execute while the popup is active, it doesn't matter if it's being allowed or not...
a novice user is going to click on deny on every program Panda alerts on? with no details whatsoever? you're naive to think clicking on deny is a valid way to test malware dynamically.

also there is a term for results where there is no alert but you don't see any malicious activity, it would result in a "protected" end result and not a "not clean" one.

low L!fe

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Please review following programs
McAfee antivirus plus 2018
Bitdefender antivirus plus 2017
Norton Internet Security 22
thanks

Reactions: SHvFl

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
I can do Norton since I have it on my other VM.
Bitdefender Total Security is being tested by someone else on malware hub, but I can do that too.
McAfee, ehh.. will see
mcafee tests might make some entertaining fails videos :p:D

i did see someone testing symantec endpoint protection in the hub, but can't remember who...
if they are still doing so, then comparing that protection to norton (regular consumer product) would be interesting to see

Reactions: SHvFl

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
mcafee tests might make some entertaining fails videos :p:D

i did see someone testing symantec endpoint protection in the hub, but can't remember who...
if they are still doing so, then comparing that protection to norton (regular consumer product) would be interesting to see
that was me too, but i wanted to see if Norton is the same as their endpoint

Always nice to see "new" videomakers :) Everyone has they own style, so be it that way! World is free speech dammit!

But an half an hour, woah! & Maybe little editing all the hassle in video before publish just my stupid 2 cents.

But anyway thanks a bunch!
the video is meant to be proof of the test i posted on the hub, so can't really miss out any details.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Poor result for panda. But i dont understand the company. The Mainstream Av is mediocre in various tests, but their new 360 adaptive defense seems to rock the world in some reports.

Fede90

Level 2
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Poor result for panda. But i dont understand the company. The Mainstream Av is mediocre in various tests, but their new 360 adaptive defense seems to rock the world in some reports.

Maybe the answer is...
1sobpg.jpg

Great review and Panda seems still the same

Reactions: Der.Reisende

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.