panda360 and panda IS same cloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
Yes, they they all used the same 2nd layer big-data on file and program Classification...1st layer is the Panda Antivirus Signature based protection. Panda Free AV uses signature based as their first layer, and classification of files as the 2nd layer. I have a video demo on just running the 2nd layer while the Antivirus is Off. When in other product whitelistings mean you need to find out and classify all the files and executables manually, Panda classifies all files and executables using their Machine Learning Big Data Collective Intelligence method...which eliminate user to manually whitellist or blacklist. The classifications in Panda is not only Whitelist (Goodware), but they also will classify the files & executables into "Malware and Viruses", "Potentially Unwanted Program & Hacking Tools". Those Unknown or rather "Unclassified" will be blocked and analyzed by Panda's lab and will be classified within 24hours. Once the classification got confirmed, all Panda user's will get this update too. This method is to ensure NO zer0h0ur/zer0day malware and ransomware can get through. Well, this module can be installed seperately with any other Antivirus product that has large and faster signature updates like Kaspersky and ESET. Imagine if ESET NODE 32 AV(1st Layer) and Panda Adaptive Defense(2nd layer)...it would be a perfect combination to combat against any known and unknown malware without any problem. The "360" in Panda Adaptive Defense means "Antivirus". Without the "360", its just the "Classification" technology which works great. Here is my video on the suicide mission using Panda Adaptive Defense 360 but with the Antivirus protection OFF.

Samples used: WannaCry, Jaff, Petya, GoldenEye, Cerber, Cryptolocker, Spora, Jigsaw, May Ransomware and some JAR and doc based malware execution.

Note: Skip to 11:30 to watch the executions of all the files.

This video got recognition from Panda Security and they used the video in their channel for promotional purposes. Well, I don't get anything, as I just did it for fun :)

latest version of Panda Adaptive Defense 360, comes a new protection i believe due to the video from Black Cipher Security(that i raised hehehe) which they unethically unblock their backdoor file and allow the exploits to run. Now 2.4 has the antiexploit feature which is a great news for all Panda Adaptive Defense 360 users.

Last edited:

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
panda adaptive defense looks very very interesting....but how much is it? they should call the price per month/year

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
panda adaptive defense looks very very interesting....but how much is it? they should call the price per month/year
It is based on yearly subscription. Either 1,2 or 3 years. Depending on the reseller that you contacted, it is ranged estimated between 23 USD to 30 USD per-machine. The more you purchased, the cheaper it gets. Well, it comes with free protection for android devices, while for Mac os X you need to purchase the license separately and it is only protecting partially. Other protections like Anti-Exploit, Device Protection, Web Content Filtering, Firewall are all part of Adaptive Defense. The Antivirus (File & Email & Web Protection) is in the 360 version. Without the Antivirus or just "Panda Adaptive Defense", it only cost you around 10USD to 16USD and you can installl or run with any of your favorite Antivirus.

Reactions: amico81
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.