Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Never even heard of it. Free antivirus software. Looks good.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Might just be the reviews that they are giving. Any free AV is worth a shot :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
By the looks of it people have tried it.

IWyOF.png

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
this for details.
from softpedia.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/ParetoLogic-Anti-Virus-PLUS.shtml

I don't know about this company at all.

"Maybe" a rogue? or maybe, is less well-known antivirus companies, so people do not make a review on this product ..?
or also, this company has not developed this product again?

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Firstly.

image.jpg

@ That UI...

Secondly, do the research. Took me no more then a minute to check the site reputation using URLVoid.

I know many don't favor WOT around here but It's always worth a check since WOT shows this site has a VeriSign certificate.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.paretologic.com

McAfee says everything is all clear http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/paretologic.com

Norton SafeWeb doesn't load for me so I can't check the results.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Thanks for all info guys, but now who is brave enough to test it :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Paretologic products were known to be controversial, and on that case its likely to be legitimate security software.

I

illumination

I knew i had seen that name before, it is here on Virus Total, as one of the engines they scan with...

1.png

Ibrad

Apr 29, 2011
If I remember correctly they used the Kaspersky engine? Would have to watch some YouTube videos and see the detection names.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
From what I can determine, Even though all of those scanners says that its legitimate, I can call this one partly rogue software since it's from the developers of RegCure which is widely known as a scam.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@BoXX28,
'From what I can determine, Even though all of those scanners says that its legitimate, I can call this one partly rogue software since it's from the developers of RegCure which is widely known as a scam.'

Of course. To forget to forget, as replied my doctor.;)

muhammadariif

Aug 3, 2011
This company is famous for its computer optimization call Regcure , this is normal when the company developed the software that is not their field and people will say their product is a scam. Paretologic more to utilities software rather than security software. this company has no experience in the field of security. Select the company that comes from their field

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
All interesting stuff.
Anyone use or test it yet then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.