Password manager RememBear exits beta with official launch (developed by TunnelBear VPN)

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
After around six months in beta -- and two years in the making -- the team behind the TunnelBear VPN tool has officially launched its password manager, RememBear.
Vying for attention in an already somewhat crowded marketplace, RememBear takes a leaf out of TunnelBear's book, and concentrates on offering functionality that's simple to use. There's also the same quirky use of animations throughout, but this should not distract from the fact that this is a powerful and secure place to store passwords.
As with TunnelBear, there are free and paid-for versions of RememBear. With the free version you can store an unlimited number of passwords on one device (although you get 30 days of access to premium features as a trial), while for anyone who pays $3 per month there's the addition of cloud backup and cross-device syncing.
Future versions of RememBear will add support for not only secure notes, but also two factor authentication (2FA), although there's no word on just how far off this is at the moment.
RememBear is available for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android, and there are also extensions for Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Grab your copy from here.

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
I don’t think they’re ready yet. I joined their beta and did not find anything special about it. It lacks many essential features like the “secure notes”. I’ve just checked their website and was shocked by their pricing 36$ a year. Too much!

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
Over priced I will stay with 1Password because this:
Security audits of 1Password - 1Password Support

I never tried 1Password but I would stick with Sticky Password and Dashlane and Enpass. I’ve got a lifetime license of Sticky Password. Enpass is good for the one-time fee. Dashlane allows you to get up to 2 years for free using their referral program. May I ask what else makes you use 1Password? I mean what’s special about it?

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I never tried 1Password but I would stick with Sticky Password and Dashlane and Enpass. I’ve got a lifetime license of Sticky Password. Enpass is good for the one-time fee. Dashlane allows you to get up to 2 years for free using their referral program. May I ask what else makes you use 1Password? I mean what’s special about it?

1. strong form filling
2. granddaddy of password manager for mac/ios(big fan of those os)
3. user friendly
4. good support
5. 2 factor authentication
6. secure notes
7. i don't know, i like it:))

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
1. strong form filling
2. granddaddy of password manager for mac/ios(big fan of those os)
3. user friendly
4. good support
5. 2 factor authentication
6. secure notes
7. i don't know, i like it:))

I have downloaded 1Password and, to be honest, it is so pleasant to use it. But, technically speaking, I see no difference of what other good password manager can do. So I would stick with Dashlane and Sticky Password. 1Password seems to be a good option but expensive and has no referral program. Can’t yet recommend it as I just used it for a couple of hours.

Reactions: Paul.R

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You mean Microsoft acquired Bitwarden?
No.
By the way i forget about bitwarden. (it's microsoft behind that company from what i know)
Bitwarden is FOSS, and developed by 8bit Solutions LLC - not to be confused with companies with a similar name.

In September 2017, Bitwarden extension was made available for Microsoft Edge - (Bitwarden blog)
Bitwarden uses Microsoft Azure (for cloud) and is managed by a team at Microsoft - (Bitwarden FAQ)

If you don't trust Microsoft or the reliability of their server up-time records, you can host it yourself. Learn more.

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
No.

Bitwarden is FOSS, and developed by 8bit Solutions LLC - not to be confused with companies with a similar name.

In September 2017, Bitwarden extension was made available for Microsoft Edge - (Bitwarden blog)
Bitwarden uses Microsoft Azure (for cloud) and is managed by a team at Microsoft - (Bitwarden FAQ)

If you don't trust Microsoft or the reliability of their server up-time records, you can host it yourself. Learn more.

Thanks for the clarification @Spawn. I look at Bitwarden as the modern alternative of LastPass. On iOS Bitwarden is continuously updated with new features. I like “Custom Fields” the most. This feature was not available on iOS (You cannot create new or edit previous custom fields on iOS due to “UI limitation” as the developer mentioned). I wish if Bitwarden offers the ability to sync the vault to a cloud of our choice like Enpass does.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.