May 30, 2019
Windows Edition
Home
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Windows Defender Antivirus (High settings ConfigureDefender)
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana , Norton power eraser
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Edge Chromium with Trafficlight and Ublock Origin , Google Chrome, Windows defender browser protection + trafficlight+ Ublock Origin
Maintenance tools
Bleachbit, Wise disk cleaner,
File and Photo backup
Aomei Backupper standard
System recovery
Aomei backupper
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
Computer specs
HP Desktop Intel® i3-4150
Dual-Core @3,50 Ghz.
Intel HD Graphics 4400
Ram: 16 GB DDR3.
HD 1 TB

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Pat MacKnife:
  • Enable, UAC at least, to default.
  • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud services.
  • As for "Web Privacy", You may add also a VPN service (if needed).
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :giggle:

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Removed AVG free and activated WD with High settings (ConfigureDefender)
I could not use WD because since 1903 i had problems with boot-up my system, most of the time i had a black screen and was stuck with a 3rd party AV.
This week i saw in windows updates they changed something to WD atp and i think this bugfix did it, now it seems my system boots up fine the past 2 days with WD active (y)

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Another test with Windows Defender Antivirus (High settings ConfigureDefender new version)
Hi,
I am curious why your system has a problem with booting when using WD. Something probably spoiled your system. On Windows 10 you do not need Wise Cleaner - you can safely use Windows built-in cleanmgr.exe or BleachBit.
Did your rebooting problem was present with WD on default settings?
You should consider the possibility that the rebooting problem might be caused by system cleaners or 3rd party security leftovers, etc.
Did you try refreshing the system?

Last edited:

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
@Andy Ful as i mentioned in my previous post :

This week (mid august) i saw in windows updates they changed something to WD ATP and i think this bugfix did it, now it seems my system boots up fine (it was only on some devices that windows failed at boot)

So the problem is solved at mid august when i was reading the release notes, they made a small change to atp and from then no more problems to boot the machine:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.