PcMag Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2017 Review

How would you rate Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2017?

• 5 Stars (Excellent)

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • 4 Stars (Very good)

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • 3 Stars (G00d)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2 Stars (Fair)

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 1 Star (Poor)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I have not tried Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2017

Votes: 30 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solarquest

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
  • Pros
    Excellent scores from independent labs. Scores from very good to superb in our hands-on tests. Effective ransomware protection. Many bonus features including password manager, secure browser, and file shredder.

• Cons
    Full antivirus scan took longer in testing than most competitors.

• Bottom Line
    Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2017 combines top-scoring antivirus protection with so many bonus features it would almost qualify as a security suite.

...more in the link above

rosendalek

Level 3
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
oh please, I am starting to think Bitdefender pays these companies to give there product the top score, I recently thew over 4000 malicious samples from Virussign at the Bitdefender 2016 edition, only found 80% trend micro and forticlient on the other hand found 92% and Trend Blocked all but 2% as suspicious

L

LabZero

oh please, I am starting to think Bitdefender pays these companies to give there product the top score, I recently thew over 4000 malicious samples from Virussign at the Bitdefender 2016 edition, only found 80% trend micro and forticlient on the other hand found 92% and Trend Blocked all but 2% as suspicious
We can believe them or not, but yes the results in the real scenario are a little different.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No offense but PC Mag always marked Bitdefender as Editors Choice if not then to Norton.

It is not overrated or underrated product however the inconsistency prove the true protection capabilities.

Reactions: JB007 and ZeroDay

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Have not tried BD so voted that option.
Aside from that, if there is reviews that are more biased than others (regardless if the writer claims A or B), those are PCMAG and PCADVISOR.

And those are exactly the two that I will read and basically ignore everything apart from a few points.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
And Toptenreviews and The PC security channel
that youtube channel, well i reserve my opinion on how the tests are done etc.

bear in mind that I used to do videos on testing but I never once gave my opinion on it. I let the viewer make his/her own decision.

but yeah forgot Toptenreviews.

Reactions: JB007 and ZeroDay
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.