Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Ashampoo_Snap_2015.03.28_22h23m06s_008_.jpg

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2388652,00.asp

david8

Level 2
Verified
Feb 11, 2015
This is funny. Bitdefender free has behavior blocker.
I don't understand MBAE which is not antivitus is third?
Avast has website rating. Test of URL detection is incomplete.
And finally: Panda is best? WTF?
Really a bad joke

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I could see if they used the term "Antivirus" loosely as meaning "free security". However then why not include Malwarebytes Antimalware or at least MBAM free instead of anti-exploit.You could put many other better free software in this considering all the comparison Features.
Many of these are old reviews used for a 2015 side by side comparison ?? Ad-aware free and no Avira free ??
I guess you have to just take it for what its worth! A free comparison!

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
It seems that there wasn't much thought in making that article. It looks like they simply sorted the reviews into the following categories:
1. security
2. rating (high rating -> low rating)
And just make the article with the first 9 free products.

It's bad enough that they consider MBAE an antivirus. But to rank it as 3rd place. Wow.

Billcomputerman123

Level 5
Verified
Feb 12, 2015
i only see 6 good avs in that list

This is funny. Bitdefender free has behavior blocker.
I don't understand MBAE which is not antivitus is third?
Avast has website rating. Test of URL detection is incomplete.
And finally: Panda is best? WTF?
Really a bad joke
panda is not that bad at all its a heavy weight contender to avast avg avira for free avs

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FreddyFreeloader
H

hjlbx

PCMag shows an aggregate AV test lab score of 5 for BitDefender Free.

BitDefender Free has never been tested by any AV labs... ever... as far as I can find.

In any case, the argument is the BitDefender Free uses the same technology as BitDefender's flag-ship products.

While that may be true, I remain unconvinced of BitDefender Free's capabilities... maybe it would have made a difference if it would work correctly on my W8.1 AMD system.

If I had to choose one from the comparison, it would be Avast! Free.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.