Solved Persistent virus: infected svchost & MSASCuiL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Van

Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
I'm not sure how I got myself into this problem. I watched this movie called "Snowden" and it led me to become more anxious about these virus stuff. I don't want anyone creeping me, watching what i'm doing (through my webcam) and accessing my files. I'm really helpless, I need you guys.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    41.6 KB · Views: 2
  • FRST.txt
    105.4 KB · Views: 2

Hi Van

Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
This AdwCleaner log might be useful.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S5].txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 4

Hi Van

Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
Update: a folder appeared again in drive "C:" named "Reimward". There's a single file inside named "Cuwolenuosy.jjj". Moreover, the folder "Waperyrerqsp" is, again, in my Program files folder. This one has a lot in it. Namely, "MIO.exe", "Snarer.msi", "SSS.dll", "UAC.dll", "WinSAP.dll", and "XOBr.dll" -- the MIO, and XOB files were detected by Zemana. However, even how many times I keep deleting it, it keeps reappearing.

Hi Van

Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
2nd Update: It seems like my SSD is running out of space for no reason. Could this be caused by the virus as well?

zikezi

May 18, 2017
Update: a folder appeared again in drive "C:" named "Reimward". There's a single file inside named "Cuwolenuosy.jjj". Moreover, the folder "Waperyrerqsp" is, again, in my Program files folder. This one has a lot in it. Namely, "MIO.exe", "Snarer.msi", "SSS.dll", "UAC.dll", "WinSAP.dll", and "XOBr.dll" -- the MIO, and XOB files were detected by Zemana. However, even how many times I keep deleting it, it keeps reappearing.
I have the same problems: Windows 10 64, with Kaspersky and malwarebytes unable to get rid of these

Attachments

• reimward.jpg
    reimward.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 7
  • rewity.jpg
    rewity.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 4

Hi Van

Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
I have the same problems: Windows 10 64, with Kaspersky and malwarebytes unable to get rid of these

I do hope that we get a solution on this. I am clueless how this virus got into my system.

NicolasB

May 19, 2017
I have the same problem for weeks now. I have been infected when surfing on free streaming websites.
I use avast which first detected a rootkit and several malware and adware which infected my browser. Avast failed to clean things, so I did it manually.
I have several infections localized in windows\temp, Program Files, User\AppData\Local or Roaming, etc. Infected copies of firefox or chrome where installed in my programs.
I also had SSD filing, which was due to an inactivation of system restoration, and this allocated memory was filled up with I don't know what.
Now, I can cleanup everything in a few minutes, but almost every day, the virus (which one ?) reactivate itself, reinstall everything (BIT, reozerph, firefox, Wsnare...), and crash avast.
I am getting tired of it, and consider formating my computer. But if someone have the solution...

Hi Van

Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
I have the same problem for weeks now. I have been infected when surfing on free streaming websites.
I use avast which first detected a rootkit and several malware and adware which infected my browser. Avast failed to clean things, so I did it manually.
I have several infections localized in windows\temp, Program Files, User\AppData\Local or Roaming, etc. Infected copies of firefox or chrome where installed in my programs.
I also had SSD filing, which was due to an inactivation of system restoration, and this allocated memory was filled up with I don't know what.
Now, I can cleanup everything in a few minutes, but almost every day, the virus (which one ?) reactivate itself, reinstall everything (BIT, reozerph, firefox, Wsnare...), and crash avast.
I am getting tired of it, and consider formating my computer. But if someone have the solution...

Hello, Nicolas. This is a pretty much severe case for us. I'm not sure what this virus is trying to achieve. Perhaps it's a virus that gets personal data from us? Or does it aim to slow down our computers for fun. I'm not sure if my computer is slowing down, but heck is this virus annoying.

Would a format ensure that the virus is gone?

NicolasB

May 19, 2017
Well, I cannot imagine a virus surviving a complete format, with reinstall from CD/DVDs...
I imagine that a remote hacker is using the computer to store some data...
About your filling SSD, check the restoration/recovery in Parameter\System\Storage\System\...

Hi Van

Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
Well, I cannot imagine a virus surviving a complete format, with reinstall from CD/DVDs...
I imagine that a remote hacker is using the computer to store some data...
About your filling SSD, check the restoration/recovery in Parameter\System\Storage\System\...

Unfortunately for me, I haven't setup any restoration/recovery point ever since. Going back to reformatting, I have two drives (C:) and (D:). Now, it seems that only drive C: is the only drive showing symptoms of infection, but would you think that drive D: is also infected? Put differently, do I have to reformat both drives or only the one with the OS/infected (Drive C:)?

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
malwares that infect svchost are really hard to remove, this problem is the same problem that happens with one of my virtual machines, after installing eset it detected a malware on svchost that could not remove. and you said Kaspersky was installed so Kaspersky could not prevent it too.

Hi Van

Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
malwares that infect svchost are really hard to remove, this problem is the same problem that happens with one of my virtual machines, after installing eset it detected a malware on svchost that could not remove. and you said Kaspersky was installed so Kaspersky could not prevent it too.

Would a clean format be the only hope? And do I have to reformat my secondary drive as well? Although it doesn't show symptoms of any infection...

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
Would a clean format be the only hope? And do I have to reformat my secondary drive as well? Although it doesn't show symptoms of any infection...
it's out of rules to respond to you about this, we have special people who are responsible for malware assist even I think my post here is out of rules I did not see the section above. if you can wait our malware removal guys will help you here. just wait for them to see the post.

NicolasB

May 19, 2017
Hi Van,
One of my reply has been deleted because it is out of rule to help if you are not an authorized member. But I got rid of all these stuff, with no re-infection for 24 hours now. If you want me to inform you on what I've done, you can email me on boulloche@gmail.com
Nicolas.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked.

2873ryc.png

• Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please attach report into your next reply.

Hi Van

Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
Hello,

FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked.

2873ryc.png

• Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please attach report into your next reply.

Attachments

• Addition_24-05-2017 13.50.25.txt
    47 KB · Views: 4
  • FRST_24-05-2017 13.50.25.txt
    109.4 KB · Views: 6

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 7

Hi Van

Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Hello kind sir, here's the log.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.