Personal Details Issue

Do you emply Whitelisting software or other signature-less security solutions ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
In "Personal Details" options where you have a choice of AV software that you use, you know the one, it displays your AV under your avatar. Well I have to leave that blank because I am one of many users here that have opted for a signature-less option. I don't have the option to display that i use VooDoo Shield as my main protection.
I think as white listing solutions become ever more popular we that adopt this type of protection should not be excluded from displaying it. It should be renamed to something like "Main Security Software" or something like that, with the option for things like Voodoo Shield.
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks for hearing me out.
PeAcE

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
EDIT:
I edited the title to reflect correctly, I had it titled Personal Options, and its actually in the "Personal Details" section.
I am very tired and it's starting to show, I am gonna lay down for a bit lol.
PeAcE

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
In my opinion I think that is a good idea of yours CG...I agree with you..:)
Despite my putting "Avast" beneath my avatar,if the options were broader than just AVs and we were able to select what we considered to be our "primary Protection"then I would Choose Voodooshield..
If it didn't create too much clutter then I personally would like the option to select a maximum of 3 softs..
In which case I would select 3 from.. (VoodooShield, Sandboxie, Shadow Defender, & Avast)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

@Jack should read this thread, and take your suggestions @_CyberGhosT_ into consideration. I agree as well btw. Shouldn't be hard to add e.g. "custom field" where you could write in Anti-Exe or Whitelisting security software you are currently using.

EDIT: Name the new field ASS, Additional Security Software :D

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@Jack should read this thread, and take your suggestions @_CyberGhosT_ into consideration. I agree as well btw. Shouldn't be hard to add e.g. "custom field" where you could write in Anti-Exe or Whitelisting security software you are currently using.

EDIT: Name the new field ASS, Additional Security Software :D
roflmao,
You made me laugh, maybe if we select an option like "Other" it should let us type in what we use, abbreviating it ASS may be a little much lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.