Personal Finance Template for Google Sheets

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Story:
I have been using personal expense tracker for the past few years I am really glad that I started down this path. I started trying out a few Android apps and see which one suits my needs and I feel comfortable using, So I settled with "Wallet" app, It was perfect for me and still is.
But after using it for a few months I hit the restriction of 3 accounts max. it is more than enough for most (even for me TBH but I like to keep track of all my accounts balance's and not just expense history of them), So I subscribed to their yearly plan with the mindset of "they deserve the money for this wonderful app".

Now, My subscription ends in less than a month and due to financial difficulties, Conversion rates in my country and the fact that their support team is very disappointing I decided to start creating my own Google Sheet "Personal Finance" file for continuing with my expense booking.

After using this for a month now (Because I wanted to make sure I feel comfortable using google sheets as a replacement before my subscription runs out) and making few versions and editing everything to my liking, I decided to share my template with you guys here.

Link:

Notes:
-If you like this template just press the "Like" button or leave a simple "thank you" reply.
-I have created a few sample entries for you to see how it would look.
-Rename/Remove Cash/Accounts entry to your needs.
-This a monthly sheet, so at the start of each month, I make a copy of the template, Rename it to that month and add starting balances from last month's ending balance entry and start recording.
-I am no guru at this but if you want a little modification to this and cannot do it yourself just send me a PM and do not clutter the thread.
-If you have any suggestions I'd be happy to read them, leave a reply.
-I will update the sheet if I make any modifications to my own and will update the thread.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.