Phillip Seaman - Real-Time Protection

Phillip Seaman

Thread author
May 30, 2014
Hi,

I'm new here so please excuse me if I post this in the wrong forum...

On my Malwarebytes desktop I see ticks beside each of the lines EXCEPT that bottom line... Real-Time Protection. Which has a red "x" and "No Protection".

Q. How to I turn Real-Time Protection ON?

Thanks in advance for every-ones help.
Phill

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Hi,

I'm new here so please excuse me if I post this in the wrong forum...

On my Malwarebytes desktop I see ticks beside each of the lines EXCEPT that bottom line... Real-Time Protection. Which has a red "x" and "No Protection".

Q. How to I turn Real-Time Protection ON?

Thanks in advance for every-ones help.
Phill

Take a look at this screenshot this should help you.

SCREENSHOT

Cheers

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Phillip Seaman

Thread author
May 30, 2014
Hi n.nvt,
Thanks for the quick come-back... I am using ver 2.0.2.1012 (Premium) and I no longer have the page you are pointing to. Where do I find it in this new version?

I tried clicking on the "Fix Now" button and id does not seem to do anything?

Thanks
Phill

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Open your Malwarebytes.
At the top, click Settings
On the left side, find detection and protection
Enable options as image.
malwar.png

Phillip Seaman

Thread author
May 30, 2014
Thanks lailson... I used the settings you have in your image... BUT when I close MalwareBytes and reopen it I still see "Real-Time Protection: X No Protection"...should I re-install the program?

D

Deleted member 178

did you buy it? if not maybe your trial period is over and you can't have real-time protection anymore

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You have to purchase a license for MBAM Pro to obtain the benefit of real time protection.

Phillip Seaman

Thread author
May 30, 2014
It has been a long time ago but I do believe I purchased it... When I look on the License Details page I get and Identifier # Key **** State Licensed - On the Caption bar it say Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium) 2.0.2.1012... From that I think I did purchase it last year... and it tells me that if I press the Deactivate button it will revert to the Free version...

SO what am I missing?

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
It has been a long time ago but I do believe I purchased it... When I look on the License Details page I get and Identifier # Key **** State Licensed - On the Caption bar it say Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium) 2.0.2.1012... From that I think I did purchase it last year... and it tells me that if I press the Deactivate button it will revert to the Free version...

SO what am I missing?

It should be fine then. Make sure your settings screen looks exactly like @Lailson's.

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
If the error remains in the general section, saying that protection is not enabled, even though standing.
Uninstall and install Malwarebytes again, I believe that will not need to enter their Premium license again.
This error happened to me once, after having done a system restore.
If not, let me know which step you the link of the complete remover Malwarebytes available in the forum, but I think reinstalling solve ..

Phillip Seaman

Thread author
May 30, 2014
There is a "Fix Now" button... but it does not seem to do anything...

I uninstalled and re-installed the program and that has fixed the issue... Now when I load Malwarebytes No Fix Now button and check marks against ALL the items including Real-Time Protection...

Thanks to everyone for your help, especially Lailson.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.