Troubleshoot Photo loss during the iPhone 6's "cut and paste"

Mr.Frank

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 8, 2016
Hi there. Last Tuesday, I was passing my photos from the phone to the pc, when I realized that some pics went missed and I can't find 'em anymore on the iPhone nor in the pc's file. The loss just includes some of the pics because I just can't find a hundred of them (from 5000 to 5126) and I can't explain why I experience such a tragic and strange bug. Anyone has already been through this? Does exist a software or something like that that might help me recover my lost pics from the phone or from the computer? Please help me out, if you can.

Reactions: upnorth

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
PC running Windows, macOS or Linux?

It's better to perform a Copy and Paste, and then safely unplug your iPhone and erase the photos yourself.

Do you use any Photo cloud storage (iCloud, Google Photos etc.), that may have a backup?

Upvote 0

Mr.Frank

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 8, 2016
PC running Windows, macOS or Linux?

It's better to perform a Copy and Paste, and then safely unplug your iPhone and erase the photos yourself.

Do you use any Photo cloud storage (iCloud, Google Photos etc.), that may have a backup?
I run Windows 7, the professionale edition.
I use only Amazon Photo, but to backup with that I always transfer my pics from the phone previously. Is there a way to recover the lost pics?

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I really cannot offer any suggestion, except to look online for some answers.

Have you looked at file recovery software?

If you have no cloud backup, you may be at a loss (pun not intended).

Reactions: Mr.Frank
Upvote 0

Mr.Frank

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 8, 2016
Hahaha! Don't worry bro, I like your pun even if it's not meant, yo! :D
Aside from kidding (forgive my humor), yeah, I've looked online and I found software such as Recuva (that I've already used and it was amazing, but this time doesn't seem to track the missing photos) and EaseUS MobiMover (that was strongly suggested for recover pics one by one, but looks not too useful because it can't charge my iPhone's content at all). I'm quite desperate, but it doesn't seem like I'm gonna be more fortunate... :S
I had backup, but it doesn't contain pics, 'cause it's the first time ever I've lost them and usually I have my backup by iTunes after I've passed all my pics on the computer. :(

Upvote 0

hasker

Sep 27, 2018
Hahaha! Don't worry bro, I like your pun even if it's not meant, yo! :D
Aside from kidding (forgive my humor), yeah, I've looked online and I found software such as Recuva (that I've already used and it was amazing, but this time doesn't seem to track the missing photos) and EaseUS MobiMover (that was strongly suggested for recover pics one by one, but looks not too useful because it can't charge my iPhone's content at all). I'm quite desperate, but it doesn't seem like I'm gonna be more fortunate... :S
I had backup, but it doesn't contain pics, 'cause it's the first time ever I've lost them and usually I have my backup by iTunes after I've passed all my pics on the computer. :(
Didn't backup for these photos ?
EaseUS EaseUS is too complicated for people who first use it ,some of the simpler tools you can find on Google .

Upvote 0

Mr.Frank

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 8, 2016
Didn't backup for these photos ?
EaseUS EaseUS is too complicated for people who first use it ,some of the simpler tools you can find on Google .
It didn’t, it remained stuck at 1% for a long time. Perhaps there were too many data on it.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.