Solved PignoratebelFen pignorate.uq trojan cannot be deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManWithDPlan

Thread author
May 15, 2018
Lately, my Mac Pro is running slower than normal. I have run multiple Antivirus programs (Malware Byts, Avast and AVG) and only AVG has found the file. The problem is that AVG can find the file but cannot delete it. How can I get rid of it? I think this is Windows trojan, can it effect Mac?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 11.14.41.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 11.14.41.png
    85 KB · Views: 495

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have no experience with Malware / Adware on macOS.

What error message do you get from AVG?

Pirrit-AK [Adw] is Adware

Try KnockKnock - Objective-See

To minimise conflicts between 2 or more real-time Antivirus programs, please uninstall either Avast or AVG Antivirus from your device. You should only run a SINGLE Antivirus with real-time protection.

If you use Malwarebytes for Mac, the Free version only cleans infected devices, and not protect. For real-time protection you need a Premium license.

In the meantime, feel free to post your Security config at PC Security Configuration

Balrog

Level 6
Verified
May 5, 2015
Hello there. If AVG shows to you the path to the file, you can erase with AppDelete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.