File and Photo backup
Macrium

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Good: First of all I do not see that you are protected with Malwarebytes.
Malwarebytes alone, It is not an antivirus even if they label it as yes.
therefore I recommend you to use an antivirus either Avast or KFA or WD or any other.

extensions I recommend; uBlock Origin, or Adguard and HTTPS Everywhere.

I recommend that you use a backup program: Macrium Reflect.o AOMEI Backupper. in their versions, free.

I recommend you use Zemana and the Emsisoft Kit: For scans on demand.

Thanks for sharing.:)

Last edited:

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
securing the system only on Malwarebytes is not enough, the more so Malwarebytes is not an antivirus.
I suggest using an antivirus, even if it's free, it increases security.
any selection that will match the equipment you have.:)

Piholasimam

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2018
Good: First of all I do not see that you are protected with Malwarebytes.
therefore I recommend you to use an antivirus either Avast or KFA or WD or any other.

extensions I recommend; uBlock Origin, or Adguard and HTTPS Everywhere.

I recommend that you use a backup program: Macrium Reflect.o AOMEI Backupper. in their versions, free.

I recommend you use Zemana and the Emsisoft Kit: For scans on demand.

Thanks for sharing.:)

Although I forgot to mention it, I do keep WD running at all times. (I thought it might be implied) my mistake.

D

Deleted member 65228

No, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an Anti-Virus replacement. I agree that it isn't very good at competing with products from vendors like Avast or Kaspersky but it's still a full suite replacement, considering it does provide real-time protection, web protection, and exploit/ransomware protection (even if I've never really seen either react properly).

Back in the day, Anti-Malware was also a term used for products which were compatible alongside existent Anti-Virus labelled solutions. This is neither the case anymore either, and Malwarebytes isn't compatible with everything like it once was back when they labelled it a second-opinion over full suite.

Many businesses use Malwarebytes as their primary solution, Malwarebytes make most of their income from enterprises as far as I know. There's likely a big difference between their Home and Endpoint protection as well, but I've never used it so I cannot be certain.

I recon Malwarebytes will undergo drastic changes over the next 12 months and revolutionise their dynamic protection, only time will tell. I hope at-least.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 65228

Malwarebytes is an excellent program but it is not an antivirus, it is a risk to have it as the only solution in my opinion.
It doesn't disinfect viruses but then again they aren't prevalent anymore anyway. Malwarebytes market it as being a replacement for an existent Anti-Virus solution, to me Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware is the same thing nowadays because both of them despite the brand titling will tackle both.

Marketing will tell you one works differently to the other but honestly it sounds like rubbish. Malwarebytes use techniques that existent "AV" vendors use and vice-versa, it's just marketing.

Btw I'm not a fan boy of MBAM or anything, haven't used my lifetime license because I think they lack to other vendors out there.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I have a lifetime license and I am using it in version 2.2.1.1043. for occasional scans .. but the problem is that they themselves do not clarify what it is.

They throw the stone and hide the arm.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Piholasimam: You config will temporally remain in Caution until You consider the already suggestions about Rel-Time protection, Second Opinion scanners and Image System BackUp solution.

Thanks for sharing :)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, They should count unless are disabled automatically by other security solution while running...

Is it Malwarebytes for Windows Premium set as the main antivirus provider in Your Windows Defender Security Center?

Piholasimam

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2018
Yes, They should count unless are disabled automatically by other security solution while running...

Is it Malwarebytes for Windows Premium set as the main antivirus provider in Your Windows Defender Security Center?

Yes it is.

I also have a system repair disc and backups on an external hard drive, if that counts.

Piholasimam

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2018
If you have enabled WD then good, but add also ZAM Free and EEK or NPE.

Add HTTPS Everywhere.

Add Disconnect.

Thanks for sharing.

Instead of that, what if I just do this? :LOL:

#ransomeware

Attachments

• hermesTab.JPG
    hermesTab.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 333

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.