The biggest new feature is the ability to enable two-factor verification through authenticator apps, which should add an additional layer of security to your PlayStation Network account.
Quoted from PS4 Firmware Update 8.00 Beta Invites Being Sent Out
Main features updated in this System Software 8.00 Beta
As part of the System Software 8.00 Beta, the following changes have been made to Party and Messages:
- When starting a party, you can now choose to create a new group or select an existing group. When you create a new group, it'll be saved even after the party has ended. You can start a new party with the same members by selecting the group that you previously created.
- You can now use your groups across Party and Messages. You can send messages to a group you created for a party, or start a party with a group you've messaged with.
- Messages has been added to the screen during parties. When you select Messages, you'll see the messages exchanged between members of your group.
- The public/private settings for parties have been removed. Only members of the group can join the party.
- You can now change your party settings from the options menu that displays on the screen when you select (Party). You can also manage your party connection settings when you select [Party Voice Chat Connection], which has been added to the party settings.
- Members of your party can now see when your mic is muted.
- You can now join parties even if there are members that you've blocked. When you join a party with a blocked member, or when a blocked member joins the party, you'll receive a notification. During the party, you won't hear each other, and the game you're playing, as well as your Share Play status, won't be displayed. In addition, the blocked member won't be notified that you've blocked them.
- Play Together sessions can no longer be started during a party. For online multiplayer games, you can start a game session from within the game.
- Two-step verification is now available using authenticator apps. After entering your sign-in ID and password on your PS4, you can complete the sign-in process by allowing the app access. You can download authenticator apps from the App Store or Google Play™. We do not guarantee the functionality of all authenticator apps.
The following changes have been made to parental controls:
- [Communicating with Other Players] and [Viewing Content Created by Other Players] have been combined and are now [Communication and User-Generated Content]. If you've selected [Not Allowed] for either of the settings, the same setting will transfer after the update.
Other updated features
- [Mute All Microphones] has been added to the quick menu under [Sound/Devices]. This setting mutes all microphones connected to your PS4.
- The following changes have been made to Communities. -You can no longer create parties from the Community screen. You'll need to create a group in Party.
- You can no longer create a new event in Events.
- Events created before the update will still be held, and events and tournaments hosted by game developers will continue to take place.
- For some features, the content displayed on the screen has changed, as well as the screen design.