Privacy News Please change the password to your AdGuard account!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
In the mail today:

Please change the password to your AdGuard account!

What happened?!
We have detected an attack towards AdGuard servers. Attackers used one of the databases of leaked accounts that are available online and checked whether the email/password data fit to access AdGuard account.
What we did to protect you
  1. As a precautionary measure, we have reset all of the AdGuard account users’ passwords.
  2. We have now set stricter requirements for AdGuard account passwords.
  3. We have connected to HaveIBeenPwned API — a website that collects data about all known compromised passwords. If the password that you are entering is found in the database of leaked ones, you will see a warning.
Got it, what shall I do?
You need to set the new password. As we said, we have reset passwords of all users, just in case, therefore to regain access to your account, click the button below and follow instructions to create a new password.
--- RESET PASSWORD ---
We apologize for the inconvenience, but you know that we care about the data of our users and had to promptly take action. Thank you for understanding!

You can find more details on what happened in our blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Eddie Morra

Nice, AdGuard is behaving ethically - can't say the same about all companies who may or may not keep quiet for several months or even pay a ransom. I love AdGuard. AdGuard never hesitate to behave with manners and respect towards their customers.

Recently, I saw AdGuard give away several free licenses to people who helped report some bugs as well. That spoke for itself. Also... not a very common thing, but still an extremely kind thing to do, and shows gratification.

Last edited by a moderator:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Like wtf, you tell me they don't have access to passwords and yet you reset my passwords because some idiots reuse their account's password. LIke waste my time some more because i like it. Most idiotic action i ever saw in my life considering there is a major leak every once in a while.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Like wtf, you tell me they don't have access to passwords and yet you reset my passwords because some idiots reuse their account's password. LIke waste my time some more because i like it. Most idiotic action i ever saw in my life considering there is a major leak every once in a while.
Not sure if you're be sarcastic or not..

A password reset is a precaution, and a good one.

It takes less than a minute to change a password. Too much of your precious time wasted? Try Auto-Password Changing.

More companies need to take action to protect their customers' accounts. Some don't even bother after a Security Breach and rely on the user.

Better be safe, than sorry.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.