Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Recently I have a strange problem.

My virtual machines running win XP or win 8.1 can perform the window updates successfully, but the virtual machine installed win 7 cannot.

Particularly, after I complete the installation of the operation system (win 7) on my virtual machine (VMware Player Free) and start the windows update process, it will continue to "check for update" but never stop...:confused:

windows updates error.PNG

My real machine that hosts those virtual machines is also running win 7. But it has no problem in updating...:confused:

So I say this is a strange problem. I am a little lazy to figure out the reason, and I hope to solve this problem in an easy way.:p

So, I hope anyone could suggest me some 3rd party softwares that can install windows updates, and I hope that software could be safe to use.

Thanks.

I

illumination

Have your run any scans on your virtual windows 7, like sfc /scannow. Your copy of windows 7 or the ISO you used to install it could have been corrupted. I would figure out the problem instead of placing a bandaid over it.

Reactions: Online_Sword

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
One thing you could try is first manually installing update kb3078601. This makes the scanning process far shorter and usually solves problems like this.

Reactions: Online_Sword
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.