Advice Request Plumbytes Antimalware - Anyone heard of this software?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Do give us a few more words about what you thought of it? Detection rate, ram, usage, interface...
Alright,

GUI - Fine
Detection Rate: Shockingly bad in my test anyway.... It picked up a few (less than 10 files) out of over 500!
Then with the free version you cannot even remove any threats! You have to purchase the software to remove threats...
Performance - Fine

I will probably not even post the review since it's really not good...

F

ForgottenSeer 56325

Thread author
Actually, people say that PlumBytes Anti-Malware is a total scam, it's developped by cybercriminals and the only interest they have is trying to say there is a virus on the computer, and then ask you to pay to remove that threads.
That can be the reason why it only pick a 2% of the samples :S

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Alright,

GUI - Fine
Detection Rate: Shockingly bad in my test anyway.... It picked up a few (less than 10 files) out of over 500!
Then with the free version you cannot even remove any threats! You have to purchase the software to remove threats...
Performance - Fine

I will probably not even post the review since it's really not good...
you can post an ultrashort video (3-4 mins) to demonstrate how bad it is, without voice, just on-screen descriptions so people will know and avoid this product :)

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
Great software guys... :D

6ty7kpx.jpg

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I'm gonna name drop! @roger_m have you tested this software before? :)
Yes, I came across it and tested it a few weeks back. It has it's own scan engine. Scan times are long and on my laptop, CPU use at times exceeded 91% when running a scan. There is no option to do a custom scan, or to scan from Explorer's context menu.

It has very aggressive detection of PUPs, and it detected some harmless traces of PUPs I have tried in the past, which other scanners have missed. While this is good, the items detected are not malicious, and I have the feeling that it would not do so well against actual malware. Because there's no context menu or custom scan available, I was not able to test it with a recent malware pack.

It's not clear if it is possible to add any detected items you want to keep to an ignore list so they are not detected again.

All in all, it's a very average product. I'm sure it's not malicious, but it's not worth spending $50 on either.

Last edited:

Selva123456789

Aug 21, 2017
It's a fraud. I installed plumbyte. Scanned for any virus. Actually it seemed I had no virus. But it shows some registry keys. I deleted those keys. Now i have to restore from system image. Unfortunately i took system image just few days before only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.