Solved Pop up "congratulations you've won an iphone"

Anon1

Thread author
Feb 23, 2017
With thanks for assistance - the pop appeared on two occasions about a week apart both times when visiting Ebay and cursor around bottom right hand side of screen.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    34.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Addition.txt
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Sunshine-boy

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 16

Anon1

Thread author
Feb 23, 2017
Have changed downloads so that they are saved on desktop (Chrome). All I get is the notepad icon at bottom of screen no red/blue icon as in your reply so can't do the fix etc.

Anon1

Thread author
Feb 23, 2017
Have downloaded fixlist.txt - it appears in desktop but no FRST. When I open fixlist.tx just get notepad. There is no FRST in downloads either.

Anon1

Thread author
Feb 23, 2017
Starting again because its been about a week thank you for your help. Will do fixit in next post am not trying to deliberately confuse things.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    34.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Addition.txt
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Anon1

Thread author
Feb 23, 2017
There's no popup ad for iphone - I originally posted here because when I did the scans with the aforementioned software none of them caught anything and want to be sure computer is safe. I have avoided Ebay as that's where I was both times the ad appeared.

Anon1

Thread author
Feb 23, 2017
This says solved????? Am I to understand that my computer is virus/malware free?? And can you shed any light on why the pop ups happened if the software caught nothing??

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.