How to stop pop-up asking to disable AdBlocker?

OutOfBounds

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2016
Hi I've noticed in the last couple of days when I open radio times web page I get a pop-up asking me to disable my Ad-blocker
Is there a way I can override this I'm using firefox with uBlock Origin.
TV listings guide

Attachments

• 2017-09-20_18-56-35.jpg
    2017-09-20_18-56-35.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,184
Last edited by a moderator:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hi I've noticed in the last couple of days when I open radio times web page I get a pop-up asking me to disable my Add-blocker
Is there a way I can override this I'm using firefox with uBlock Origin.
TV listings guide
I'm using Chrome with ublock and i do not see that popup!
Maybe you have more filters enabled in ublock?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'm using Chrome with ublock and i do not see that popup!
Maybe you have more filters enabled in ublock?
Same here, uBlock + Chrome, and I cannot see that Adblocker Warning.
You could try to go to the uBlock settings and enable the Adblock Warning Removal List
You can find the filters by right-clicking on uBlock icon and click Settings, then choose the 3-rd Party Filters tab. Or, by going directly to this URL.
chrome-extension://cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm/dashboard.html#3p-filters.html
1.jpg

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Meh... It won't block all ads.

The vast majority, but that depends on your parsed lists and the quality of those lists. More importantly, Pi-Hole caches DNS to a noticeable level on the LAN and prevents those blacklisted domains from downloading things before blocking them. Which extensions don't do.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
You can test your setup here: Detect Adblock - Most effective way to detect ad blockers

Just using adblocker without anti-anti-adblocker filters will result in warnings.

capture_09212017_234929.jpg

Indeed, it is located in Adguard's Other filters.

capture_09212017_233653.jpg

Or simply using Adguard DNS will do. It does not block ADs, it prevents them from loading, some adblocker can be useful for cosmetic filtering, if it bothers you.

capture_09212017_234538.jpg

OutOfBounds

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2016
Same here, uBlock + Chrome, and I cannot see that Adblocker Warning.
You could try to go to the uBlock settings and enable the Adblock Warning Removal List
You can find the filters by right-clicking on uBlock icon and click Settings, then choose the 3-rd Party Filters tab. Or, by going directly to this URL.
chrome-extension://cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm/dashboard.html#3p-filters.html
View attachment 167737
Still no luck keep getting pop-up

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.