Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Known this site for a while now and thought that it might come in handy for you guys to keep and use. I use it on my USB all the time when I am at TAFE because some of the computers don't have the required software for my coruse. Like I use the portable Firefox and thunderbird. There are also a few utilites that you guys might like as portable software. :)

Hope you guys like it.

Portableapps

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Also can come in handy for other things like if a computer does not have all the software on it you can run it all from your USB.

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I know this website. I think is good. On my computer I test their portable Firefox beta. Because I have another version of Firefox: stable, Nightly UX and Waterfox and I don't want to install another versions of Firefox... Because when I run Firefox I must select the user profile.

I know another website with portable apps: http://www.winpenpack.com/en/news.php.

It is safe by WOT and McAfee Site Advisor but I don't know well this internet page.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Literally useful for anyone who wants application run in portable and the good thing its keeps up to date. Famous application are there in portable version.

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
When I downloaded Firefox Portable 3.6 from PortableApps it always wants to update to Firefox 10.0.1.

You can do something about it?

I do not want update this internet browser to newest version. :(

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
jota13 said:
When I downloaded Firefox Portable 3.6 from PortableApps it always wants to update to Firefox 10.0.1.

You can do something about it?

I do not want update this internet browser to newest version. :(

I'm not sure. You could update it and see what happens. If you don't like it all you have to do is download it again. :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Firefox have a preferences to prevent automatic updating just go to: Menu bar (Edit) -------> Preferences -------> Click Advance Tab -------> Find Update tab -------> and under Firefox Update click "Never check for updates"

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.