Portmaster Firewall (Alpha stage)

Thread Tags
  1. Developer is currently beta testing this product.

Zorro

Level 8
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Well these two months passed quickly. We were mostly occupied getting the SPN out of the door. Anyway, wish all of you have a great new year and hope many of you could get some relaxing days! 🎉

@SFox, since the last post we have released a few Portmaster versions, could you check again and maybe check in on this GitHub issue?
Hello. With the past holidays of the New Year and Christmas! I just checked the problem again and after rebooting the system, starting and closing the user interface, the zombies of the processes were not detected.

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
After installing, portmaster i was very surprised of its components and futures. After using it for about 5 hours the net on my PC stops and i get incapability error. I hope that this type of errors will be fixed soon. Congrats for the work!

davegson

From Safing Portmaster
Verified
Top poster
Developer
Jun 7, 2021
After installing, portmaster i was very surprised of its components and futures. After using it for about 5 hours the net on my PC stops and i get incapability error. I hope that this type of errors will be fixed soon. Congrats for the work!
Thanks - so glad you like it!

When things like this happen it greatly helps to receive in-app bug reports where you can describe what the issue is, in your case probably a false positive with the compatibility assistant.

davegson

From Safing Portmaster
Verified
Top poster
Developer
Jun 7, 2021
I really liked the change in the interface in the last update. The section that allows you to view all the programs that went online is also a good solution.
Thanks a lot - so good to hear!
Can you take a screenshot? Interesting. I don't have Portmaster installed right now.
You can have a look at the big changes on the update blog post:
Wow, I missed this project!

I'll try it on a virtual machine as soon as I have a moment
do tell us what you think! Still lots of things taking shape, so input is very welcome

ticklemefeet

Level 26
Well-known
Jan 31, 2018
Voodooshield still don't like the signature.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-04 081526.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-04 081526.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 52

Shadowra

Level 17
Verified
Malware Tester
Sep 2, 2021
I just tried it... either it doesn't like my virtual machine, or it doesn't support Windows 11...

I installed it, set it to "Ask" and it crashed after 5min... I couldn't test it....

7BOUYuag.png

Reactions: SecureKongo