Browser Add-on Privacy Badger updates

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Oct 1, 2019
Yes , partly, but there are three way of setting them and are mostly implemented as first party by websites tracking unique visitors without using Google services for this.

So generic detection of privacy badger seems a better mechanism

oldschool

Level 63
Verified
Mar 29, 2018
Thanks they restored the pixel tracking cookie detection again, good news. That is a reason to add it again.
I believe I'd now recommend using Privacy Badger to anyone who uses a browser's built-in adblocker and wants a simple, user-friendly setup. It's not a "must have" exension but it will catch some junk that gets by the adblocker. It's also updated regularly and is backed by a reputable organization - EFF.

My 2 cents.

ErzCrz

Level 10
Verified
Aug 19, 2019
I believe I'd now recommend using Privacy Badger to anyone who uses a browser's built-in adblocker and wants a simple, user-friendly setup. It's not a "must have" exension but it will catch some junk that gets by the adblocker. It's also updated regularly and is backed by a reputable organization - EFF.

My 2 cents.

It's also on the Chromium Edge store now. I have been experimenting with it but UBO configuration already blocks what PB blocks with it's lists so undecided if it's an unnecessary overlap in my cirumstances. As you've said though, it's more for those using Brave or Opera etc with built-in adblockers that aren't quite up to the job.

oldschool

Level 63
Verified
Mar 29, 2018
New version released.

Full changeset: release-2020.7.21...release-2020.8.25
  • Added a button to widget replacements to always allow a widget on a site
  • Improved scrolling of tracking domains on the options page
  • Fixed various site breakages
  • Improved translations (Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Esperanto, Finnish, French, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish)

oldschool

Level 63
Verified
Mar 29, 2018
Privacy Badger 2020.10.7
@ghostwords ghostwords released this 5 days ago · 1 commit to master since this release
Highlights:
  • Disabled learning (by default) to address privacy concerns. Visit Privacy Badger Is Changing to Protect You Better to learn more.
  • Added support for Global Privacy Control, a new specification that lets you tell companies you'd like to opt out of data sharing and selling
  • Added a new section to the options page to display the browser settings that Privacy Badger overrides for privacy reasons
  • Improved translations (Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Finnish, Hebrew, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian)
Full changeset: release-2020.8.25...release-2020.10.7

oldschool

Level 63
Verified
Mar 29, 2018
Privacy Badger update: v. 2020.12.10
  • Added a direct link to widget content to replacements for widgets like YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud and Spotify. You can click this link to watch a video (for example) without sharing the page you are on with the video provider. You can also right-click the link to copy the link URL.
  • Fixed "fbclid" tracking parameter removal on Facebook
  • Enabled Google Search link unwrapping on Firefox for Android
  • Improved translations (Dutch, Esperanto, French, German, Hebrew, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian)
Full changeset: release-2020.10.7...release-2020.12.10

oldschool

Level 63
Verified
Mar 29, 2018
Privacy Badger latest
Privacy Badger 2021.8.11
@ghostwords ghostwords released this 6 days ago · 3 commits to master since this release
Highlights:
  • Improved buttons in the popup: Disable and Report are larger and use less text, Donate is now a link
  • Removed "Prevent WebRTC from leaking local IP address" from the options page. If you previously enabled this setting, it remains available for now. However, the setting is now deprecated and will be removed in a future update. To learn more, visit #2782.
  • Improved dark theme in Chrome
  • Improved translations (Simplified Chinese, Esperanto, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian)
Full changeset: release-2021.6.8...release-2021.8.11