Not open for further replies.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
scan.png

Major Features:
  • Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera
    Cleans Internet cache (Temporary Internet Files ), Internet history, cookies, typed urls, download history, autocomplete/autofill form history, saved password, etc.
  • Windows
    Cleans run history, search history, open/save history, recent documents, temporary files, recycle bin, clipboard, taskbar jump lists, dns cache, log files, memory dumps, error reporting, etc.
  • Third-party Applications
    Over 200 FREE, pre-configured plug-ins to clean the tracks of popular applications. You can also extend cleaning features by making your own app plug-ins. This allows you to easily remove the history traces left by any applications.
  • Flexible, Highly Customizable and Open Plug-In Architecture
    Embedded the flexible, highly customizable and open plug-in architecture, you can even customize your own exclusive Privacy Eraser!
  • Security Level
    Supports Simple zero-fill (1 pass), US DoD 5220.22-M (3 passes), US DoD 5220.22-M (ECE) (7 passes), Peter Gutmann (35 passes) and custom wipe methods.
  • File Shredder
    Permanently erases specified files and folders from your PC beyond recovery.
  • Drive Wiper
    Securely wipes spare and hidden data areas on your drives. All free clusters on the drives, including the contents of deleted files and folders, will be wiped like a new drive.
  • Cookies Manager
    You can easily select which cookies to keep and which to delete during each cleaning process. This will allow Privacy Eraser to keep your persistent login cookies for websites, such as Outlook.com, Gmail and Yahoo! Mail.
  • Windows Startup Manager
    You can control which programs will be loaded automatically during Windows startup.
  • Stealth Mode
    You can run Privacy Eraser in invisible mode. In this case, Privacy Eraser will not show an eraser icon in the system tray, but it can still work in the background.
  • Boss Mode
    You can instantly hide and restore the applications (windows) on your screen in order to prevent uninvited persons from seeing them and protect your sensitive information.
  • Schedule Options
    You can easily schedule cleaning tasks to run at a time that is most convenient for you, such as every specified number of minutes, hours, daily, weekly, monthly, or at certain times.
  • And much more...
Key Benefits:
  • Easy to use
    Cleans up all your Internet history tracks and past computer activities with one click.
  • Privacy
    Permanently deletes Internet history, visited urls, saved user names and passwords from a public or shared computer.
  • Security
    Completely implements and exceeds the US Department of Defense and NSA clearing and sanitizing standard, to gives you confidence that once deleted, your file data is gone forever and can not be recovered.
  • Space
    Recovers and maximizes hard drive space by deleting unnecessary files.
  • Speed
    Speeds up Internet surfing and browsing, boosts your PC's performance and stability making it much faster and efficient!

Homepage: http://www.cybertronsoft.com/products/privacy-eraser/

Free download: http://www.cybertronsoft.com/download/privacy-eraser

Basically the only difference between paid & free versions is support

Seems to be nice software i like the layout, however i question the NSA clearing standards as i am aware of those standards.
But i might be wrong here.. but i have seen these statements before and i know that in 9.99999% of all cases its just sales talk.
Yet i give the program the benefit of the doubt as it seems rather good.
Nice find ..

Reactions: Ali80 and Ulikedat

Holysmoke

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
I am using Privazer since it came on the market.
It has many many functions and not a single one of them would disappoint you.
Some might say that other programs are better, but as a professional i will say that Privazer is the closest thing you can get on the market that resembles the software they use in PC industry.
Most people see the features and do not understand what they actually do and fail to judge and rate the program, but anyone using it properly will see that this program is liquid gold.
If i have to add a rating to it on a 0 > 10 scale then it would get at least a big fat 9.9
It does not crash your PC, it does not even have the ability to crash your PC, you cannot select any harmful options its just select required options > scan > clean = Done.
I do not care what others might claim about Privazer, ill just tell you head on
Its that good.

Just brilliant software.
Yet one thing i do need to say the very first time you are using the program and you do a advanced scan it might take up to 2 hours as it will even remove remnant info from previous partitions and installations.
If this program is removing something then its 100% gone and unrecoverable.
New scans after the first one are much much faster.

I hope this helps.

Privazer used to get updates weekly. Now they are few and far between. I think the developer may be moving on after milking all the donations he could. he came out with a donators version, then stopped updating

the free version of this privacy eraser does not have secure delete. just normal

Reactions: Ulikedat

Holysmoke

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
If you aren't careful, the installer will do just exactly as I stated above. It is sneaky and you are required to be vigilant and pay attention as you go thru the install. Most PC users don't even pay attention and click next, next, next until they have crapware galore. I detest companies that try to install crapware like kcleaner does and this forum is designed to thwart that type of activity.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
October 15, 2014 - Privacy Eraser Free v3.0 Build 947 Released.
  • Added Multi-user profiles cleaning.
  • Added System and Browser monitoring.
  • Added Arabic language support.
  • Improved 64-bit build architecture for Window 7, 8 and 8.1.
  • Improved internal architecture for better performance.
  • Improved internal call for global Exclude support.
  • Improved automatic update checker.
  • Improved Internet Explorer AutoComplete Form History cleaning.
  • Improved Firefox Saved Password cleaning.
  • Improved Recycle Bin cleaning.
  • Improved Thumbnail Cache cleaning.
  • Improved uninstalling routines for App Uninstaller.
  • Improved Pause/Resume routines.
  • Improved Custom Plug-ins routines.
  • Fixed bug in secure deletion of files with long filenames.
  • Updated various translations.
  • Added cleaning for Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12, Format Factory, SnagIt 12, Tag&Rename and Tango.
  • Improved cleaning for FeedDemon, Foxit Reader, Freemake Audio Converter and Video Converter, GetRight, Gom Player, Google Deskbar and Google Earth.
  • Minor GUI improvements.
  • Minor optimization tweaks and bug fixes.
  • File Size: 4.26 MB
  • Release Date: October 15, 2014
  • For Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2012/2008 (32/64-bit)

http://www.cybertronsoft.com/products/privacy-eraser/whats-new
Download:
http://www.cybertronsoft.com/download/privacy-eraser-setup.exe
Portable:
http://www.cybertronsoft.com/download/privacy-eraser-portable.zip

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
If you aren't careful, the installer will do just exactly as I stated above. It is sneaky and you are required to be vigilant and pay attention as you go thru the install. Most PC users don't even pay attention and click next, next, next until they have crapware galore. I detest companies that try to install crapware like kcleaner does and this forum is designed to thwart that type of activity.

Download only the portable versions from KC Softwares, the installer versions contains a lot of junk. But they do create certain awesome apps like SuMo (software updates), DuMo (driver updates) etc. SuMo is the best one in it's class.

dvault

Level 2
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
then its a good and recommend soft? :)
I am using just for cleaning, yes..I can recommend it but its good to know what other users experience with this software.
My advice, create backup or system restore point before using this tool for the first time until you are sure it's safe. Better safe than sorry.

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
I am using just for cleaning, yes..I can recommend it but its good to know what other users experience with this software.
My advice, create backup or system restore point before using this tool for the first time until you are sure it's safe. Better safe than sorry.
Yep, thanks buddy, ill try test too for see how works this program. :)

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Basically the only difference between paid & free versions is support

One main difference is the security level of deletion. That is the Free version allows you only normal deletion. In the Pro version you can specify the number of passes

Rus Anca

Level 25
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
Privacy Eraser Free v.3.0.5.958 - released
Clean tracks & protect your privacy.

Privacy Eraser is an all-in-one privacy suite that protects your privacy by cleaning up all your Internet history tracks and past computer activities.

page download:http://www.cybertronsoft.com/products/privacy-eraser/

Privacy Eraser is an all-in-one privacy suite that protects your privacy by cleaning up all your Internet history tracks and past computer activities. It supports popular web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera.

Privacy Eraser is an all-in-one privacy suite that protects your privacy by cleaning up all your Internet history tracks and past computer activities. It supports popular web browsers.
With simply one click, Privacy Eraser can quickly erase the Internet cache, cookies, browsing history, address bar history, typed urls, auto-complete form history, saved password and index.dat files of your browser, and Windows' run history, search history, open/save history, recent documents, temporary files, recycle bin, clipboard, taskbar jump lists, dns cache, log files, memory dumps, error reporting and much more.

With simply one click, Privacy Eraser can quickly erase the Internet cache, cookies, browsing history, address bar history, typed urls, autocomplete form history, saved password and index.dat files of your browser, and Windows' run history, search history, open/save history, recent documents, temporary files, recycle bin, clipboard, taskbar jump lists, dns cache, log files, memory dumps, error reporting and much more.

Note:
Free edition does not include technical support, automatic updates nor multi-pass file shredding and drive wiping.

Homepage:http://www.cybertronsoft.com/

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Privacy Eraser Free v3.1 Build 964 Released.
  • Added Opera 15 and newer AutoFill Form History cleaning.
  • Added cleaning for Opera Developer edition.
  • Improved Opera Saved Password cleaning.
  • Improved Google Chrome AutoFill Form History and Saved Password cleaning.
  • Improved multiple user profiles detection.
  • Updated various translations.
  • Added cleaning for Ashampoo Burning Studio 14, BlueStacks, FastStone Capture, ManyCam, PhotoScape and XnView.
  • Improved cleaning for ImgBurn, IZArc, JASC Paint Shop Pro, K-Lite Codec Pack, LogMeIn, Media Player Classic, Microsoft Office, MSN Toolbar, NewsBin Pro, PerfectDisk, PicoZip, PowerArchiver and PowerISO.
  • Minor improvements.
  • Minor bug fixes.
Download:
http://www.cybertronsoft.com/download/privacy-eraser-setup.exe
Portable:
http://www.cybertronsoft.com/download/privacy-eraser-portable.zip

@exterminator20 please edit title:)

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
I am using Privazer since it came on the market.
It has many many functions and not a single one of them would disappoint you.
Some might say that other programs are better, but as a professional i will say that Privazer is the closest thing you can get on the market that resembles the software they use in PC industry.
Most people see the features and do not understand what they actually do and fail to judge and rate the program, but anyone using it properly will see that this program is liquid gold.
If i have to add a rating to it on a 0 > 10 scale then it would get at least a big fat 9.9
It does not crash your PC, it does not even have the ability to crash your PC, you cannot select any harmful options its just select required options > scan > clean = Done.
I do not care what others might claim about Privazer, ill just tell you head on
Its that good.

Just brilliant software.
Yet one thing i do need to say the very first time you are using the program and you do a advanced scan it might take up to 2 hours as it will even remove remnant info from previous partitions and installations.
If this program is removing something then its 100% gone and unrecoverable.
New scans after the first one are much much faster.

I hope this helps.
Short answer no its not better than Privazer
you would have to buy Privacy Eraser Pro $19.95 to get some of the features that
Privazer gives you for free including Multi pass secure erase.
read Nico@FMA post .

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Privacy Eraser Free v3.2 Build 1082 Released.
Added Windows 10 Technical Preview compatibility.
Added Wipe MFT/FAT Free Space options.
Changed Wipe MFT/FAT Free Space to run before Wipe Free Space.
Improved Wipe MFT Free Space routines by adding intelligent algorithms, wiping speed increased more than 1000%!
Improved Cookies Manager for Google Chrome.
Improved cleaning for Norton AntiVirus, RealPlayer, RealPlayer Cloud, RegEditX, Sony Vegas Pro, TextPad, TUGZip, UltraISO, Universal Extractor, VLC Media Player, WinDiff, Windows Media Player, WinRAR and WinZip.
Added Italian language support.
Updated various translations.
Minor improvements.
Minor bug fixes.

Reactions: Ulikedat and Ali80

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Why PC Software Cleaners mess with Antivirus Software??? I think that Antivirus temp files should be generally avoided as it can couse serious system instability. I'm saying this because i see that "Improved cleaning for Norton Antivirus" thing.

Thanks @Petrovic for Privacy Eraser update info

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.