On Sale! Private Internet Access VPN: 2-Yr

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
My current PIA subscription is expires in... well tomorrow. I don't plan on renewing. PIA is very reliable but its reliance on Ruby interpreter (no hate on Ruby, I love it, it's useful, and it's helped me automate some functions) causes new files to spawn when loading/use and MANY software (mostly anti-executables) really make it annoying to use. Always asking questions before allowing PIA to connect or start the VPN connection up. Vendors like Norton and Emsisoft are intelligent enough to whitelist. Vendors like Kaspersky can do this but require you to trust the file manually then all is good.

Will use them again when they make their own client (which they should be making). Will look for another VPN with similar privacy standards. I have several that I'm currently looking at.

Reactions: Rishi and frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.