Battle Privazer vs CCleaner vs East Tec Eraser 2014 (paid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
which one is the best for removing data so it can be recovered, im leaning towards east tec as ive had success with it in the past but i want to know are ccleaner and privazer just as good or is it worth spending $24 o neast tec?

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I'd go with CCleaner on this one for sure because with PrivaZer it would require you to wait 1-5 hours for you to scan and 2 more hours to delete the data while PrivaZer is a good program I wouldn't want to wait that long for it to delete data while CCleaner would delete half of the data it did in less than 1 minute. There is also a thing called "CCEnhancer" which adds more programs that it can clean in CCleaner.

No, No, No don't spend money on programs that are available for free. People these days just don't understand that there is alot of freeware alternative to these paid programs that are just as good if not better.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Privazer is very good however I prefer CCleaner.With good free choices I personally wouldn't shell out any money on these types of programs.
Privazer provides setup for Basic or Advanced users.However this program would better serve a more experienced user.It is definitely a very good privacy program with some advanced cleaning options.
CCleaner is a great program also.I have used this for so long it is really hard to switch to Privazer (I have tried it though) or something else for that matter.CCleaner is a bit more basic and probably better suited to the basic user.However it still provides great results for the basic to advanced user.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
PrivaZer is definitely more secure by default when it comes to wiping/erasing your data. However, I believe it focuses on cleaning Windows temp files rather than personal documents, although it should still be possible. If you do decide to try PrivaZer, read the first run wizard very carefully as it may offer to disable features of Windows.

Then you can try recovering your data with Recuva, https://www.piriform.com/recuva . Overall, PrivaZer should do a better job than CCleaner, even though both products offer secure erasing. CCleaner does not by default.

Eraser is another product, but hasn't been updated in 2 years so support for Windows 8 may not exist. Here's the link, http://eraser.heidi.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.