Problem with Live Security Plat

waltypies

Thread author
Aug 15, 2012
Hi all

I got the virus mentioned above. I turned my PC off and turned it back on a few days later. Once I log in I get a error telling me a critical error has happened and the computer will shut down in a minute.

For some reason shutdown /a does not work as the process has happened and it needs to close down.

Any ideas to stop my PC from shutting down so I can remove the virus?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hi and welcome to the malwaretips.com forums!

I'm Jack and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:
  • I will start working on your malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
  • The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
  • It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.

Before we start:
Please be aware that removing malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.
<hr />
Please run the following utility so that we can get a log of your system...
STEP 1 : Run a scan with Combofix
Please read and follow very carefully the below instructions

Download ComboFix from one of the following locations: 

COMBOFIX DOWNLOAD LINK #1 (This link will automatically download Combofix on your computer)
COMBOFIX DOWNLOAD LINK #2  (This link will automatically download Combofix on your computer)

VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop  

<ul>
<li>Close any open browsers.</li>
<li>Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
-----------------------------------------------------------
<ul>
<li><>Very Important!</> Temporarily <>disable</> your <>anti-virus</>, <>script blocking</> and any <>anti-malware</> real-time protection <em><>before</></em>performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause <em>"unpredictable results"</em>.</li>
<li><em>Click on <a title="External link" href="http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html" rel="nofollow external"><>this link</></a> to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.</em>
-----------------------------------------------------------</li>
</ul>
<ul>
<li>Close any open browsers.</li>
<li><>WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts</></li>
<li>Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.</li>
<li>If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.</li>
</ul>
-----------------------------------------------------------</li></ul>
How to run the Combofix scan :
  1. Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  2. Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks
  3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. 
    [*]Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Notes:
<ol><li> Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.</li>
<li> Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.</li>
<li>  If after the reboot you get errors about programms being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.</li></ol>

<hr />
What's next?

Please post in your next reply:
1.Combofix log
2.Let me know if you had any problems with the above instructions and also <>let me know how things are running now!</>

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.