Problem with saved passwords

backtofront

Thread author
Feb 1, 2018
I have a problem where something is clearing all my saved passwords from both Chrome as well as Outlook. I am moving around a lot using wireless connections at B&B's I am staying at. Someone suggested that it can happen when using a public unsecured network.

But the first time I experienced it was after I was given the option of upgrading and paying for Iobit Uninstaller. I opted to rather uninstall it and had to use Malwarebytes to get rid of the last of the files.

That seemed to solve the problem. But I have had the same problem a couple of times since.

Piholasimam

Level 1
Verified
Jan 19, 2018
I have a problem where something is clearing all my saved passwords from both Chrome as well as Outlook. I am moving around a lot using wireless connections at B&B's I am staying at. Someone suggested that it can happen when using a public unsecured network.

But the first time I experienced it was after I was given the option of upgrading and paying for Iobit Uninstaller. I opted to rather uninstall it and had to use Malwarebytes to get rid of the last of the files.

That seemed to solve the problem. But I have had the same problem a couple of times since.

Do you happen to have a report of the malwarebytes scan? I just wanted to see what it picked up on.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.