Q&A Problems with Bitdefender trafficlight, anyone else?

Guilhermesene

Level 2
Jun 1, 2019
Today I formatted a friend's computer and went to install the Bitdefender Trafficlight extension on both Firefox and Google Chrome (latest versions) and the extension did not appear in the green ball in searches.

I took advantage and formatted my notebook too, installed the extension in the latest version of Google Chrome and this is also happening. Is someone also having the same problem?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Chrome.png
    Chrome.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 298

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Dec 17, 2014
Personally, for me it is working, but I am pretty sure it only shows the 'green ball' in google and maybe Duckduckgo searches. If you use it with some other search engines it will not work like Qwant, Ecosia, etc.

This is a screenshot from Duckduckgo on Brave browser. Also, in Vivaldi browser works for me too.

1610943062629.png

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 35
Verified
Mar 16, 2019
Like BDTL, I also tried McAfee® WebAdvisor extension which has the same functionality of checking search engine results, and it's not working today either on Google. Same on both Firefox and Edge.
So it seems Google themselves have changed something. Maybe it's blocking script injection on Google search page.
From what I know, anything that can scan the search result needs to inject a script into the webpage. Whether it's an extension like TrafficLight/Kaspersky's extension or Kaspersky AV's script injection option found in the network settings.

I tried to check this with TrafficLight and this is what I have found.
1.PNG

See that two script, "antiphishing.js" & "searchAnalyzer.js" both of which are required for TrafficLight to scan and show search result's safety are ending in error on Google.
This screenshot is just to show you that those scripts belong to the TrafficLight extension.
2.PNG

So either it's a permanent change by Google or just a temporary problem which will be fixed soon.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 47
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016