Q&A Problems with Bitdefender trafficlight, anyone else?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 51
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016
KSC free no longer installs extension in MS edge? (kaspersky protection) Installed Ksc free two times.
and in firefox you get a warning to go to FF extension page
It did last week...
You can install it from the chrome store:

Last edited:

venustus

Level 58
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Dec 30, 2012
There is still no fix for Search Advisor not working with the Google search engine, and they don't have a time frame for a fix, per support last week. This is kind of ridiculous. How is it that Webroot, Avast, McAfee etc have similar products that work fine? Also, TrafficLight is also not working in Chrome and GF with Google.

Quite ridiculous really...!

Freud2004

Level 9
Jun 26, 2020

Quite ridiculous really...!

My actual config in Brave TrafficLigth + AVG for search advisor:

1612048830883.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 51
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016
Anyone heard something from Bitdefender?
They have forgotten this issue?
Last response from email on januari the 20th:
Thank you for your patience throughout the entire process and please accept my apologies for the frustration that we might have caused.

I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue which has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix which will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end.

I will get back to you with an update regarding the fix as soon as we have one.

Thank you once again and have a nice day ahead!

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 51
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016
I have asked Bitdefender support for the progress and got the following response on my e-mail:
Thank you for your follow-up e-mail.

As mentioned previously on the ticket, a fix for this Bitdefender behavior is still undergoing development. We do not have an estimated time for the release of the fix yet, but we will contact you as soon as it's implemented by an automatic update of Bitdefender. Please keep in mind that all reported bugs require investigation time. Since product updates are usually released once a month it may take at least 1 month until a fix is implemented in the product - this does not include the debugging period.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Rest assured that we will contact you again as soon as the fix is released.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 51
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016
Latest news from Bitdefender support received today:
Hello,

Thank you for your patience while waiting for my reply.

This is a follow-up email regarding the bug report that you have sent us. I'd like to inform you that our development team is still working a fix and it’s taking a bit more than usual. As previously mentioned, the fix will be automatically released through Bitdefender product updates, with no other actions requested from your side.

Please let me know if you would still like to receive updates about this case in the future. In the meantime, I am here to help if you have other cyber-security questions.

Stay safe and have a great day!

Tiamati

Level 11
Verified
Nov 8, 2016
BTL url advisor still doesnt work...Neither Norton WebSafe or Avira safe shopping

AVG, AVAST and MCAFFE are fine.
Which one is better? AVAST or McAffe in terms of url advice and privacy respect (of the extension)?

Edit:
After reading

Third-Party Advertising​

We work with third-party advertising companies to display or deliver ads to you while you are on our Site or using some Services. These third-party advertisers may collect data about your interaction with the Site or Services or others’ sites or services to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. See our Cookie Notice to learn more about how McAfee and these advertising partners use tracking technologies like cookies and the choices available to you.

If you have consented to allow our Services to access to your location, our mobile advertising partners may use your location to target advertisements to you. You may use the location settings on your device to withdraw access to information about your location.

Other Uses
We may use Personal Data for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Data or with your consent.

Who Do We Share Personal Data With?​

Generally, we disclose the information we collect to provide the Services, to communicate with you, to advertise or promote our Services, to facilitate changes to or transfers of our business, as required by law, or with your consent.

We may share Personal Information in the following ways:

• With current and future members of the McAfee family of companies for the purposes described in this Notice;
  • With service providers who perform services for us (see the list of our sub-processors, available here for Consumer Products, and here for Enterprise Products);
  • If we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk;
  • To legal, governmental, or judicial authorities as instructed or required by those authorities and applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigation of suspected illicit or illegal activities, or where we believe in good faith that users may be engaged in illicit or illegal activities, or where we are bound by contract or law to enable a customer or business partner to comply with applicable laws;
  • In connection with, or during negotiations for, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves all or substantially all of our assets or functions where Personal Data is transferred or shared as part of the business assets (provided that such party agrees to use or disclose such Personal Data consistent with this Notice or gains your consent for other uses or disclosures);
  • With your consent or at your direction, such as when you choose to share information or publicly post content and reviews (for example, social media posts); and
  • With persons of your choosing and at your discretion, should the product you are subscribed to allow that functionality.We may also share aggregate data that does not identify you or any specific device with third parties.

i have concluded that Avast would be a better solution as they offer the option to check out of sending your information through the extension. So, i believe they respect more your privacy than McAfee (i never though i would say that Avast respect more privacy than anything else)

Last edited:

blackice

Level 33
Verified
Apr 1, 2019
BTL url advisor still doesnt work...Neither Norton WebSafe or Avira safe shopping

AVG, AVAST and MCAFFE are fine.
Which one is better? AVAST or McAffe in terms of url advice and privacy respect (of the extension)?

Edit:
After reading

Third-Party Advertising​

We work with third-party advertising companies to display or deliver ads to you while you are on our Site or using some Services. These third-party advertisers may collect data about your interaction with the Site or Services or others’ sites or services to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. See our Cookie Notice to learn more about how McAfee and these advertising partners use tracking technologies like cookies and the choices available to you.

If you have consented to allow our Services to access to your location, our mobile advertising partners may use your location to target advertisements to you. You may use the location settings on your device to withdraw access to information about your location.

Other Uses
We may use Personal Data for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Data or with your consent.

Who Do We Share Personal Data With?​

Generally, we disclose the information we collect to provide the Services, to communicate with you, to advertise or promote our Services, to facilitate changes to or transfers of our business, as required by law, or with your consent.

We may share Personal Information in the following ways:

• With current and future members of the McAfee family of companies for the purposes described in this Notice;
  • With service providers who perform services for us (see the list of our sub-processors, available here for Consumer Products, and here for Enterprise Products);
  • If we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk;
  • To legal, governmental, or judicial authorities as instructed or required by those authorities and applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigation of suspected illicit or illegal activities, or where we believe in good faith that users may be engaged in illicit or illegal activities, or where we are bound by contract or law to enable a customer or business partner to comply with applicable laws;
  • In connection with, or during negotiations for, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves all or substantially all of our assets or functions where Personal Data is transferred or shared as part of the business assets (provided that such party agrees to use or disclose such Personal Data consistent with this Notice or gains your consent for other uses or disclosures);
  • With your consent or at your direction, such as when you choose to share information or publicly post content and reviews (for example, social media posts); and
  • With persons of your choosing and at your discretion, should the product you are subscribed to allow that functionality.We may also share aggregate data that does not identify you or any specific device with third parties.

i have concluded that Avast would be a better solution as they offer the option to check out of sending your information through the extension. So, i believe they respect more your privacy than McAfee (i never though i would say that Avast respect more privacy than anything else)
Funny, Avast looking better in this respect. :ROFLMAO:

Tutman

Level 10
Verified
Apr 17, 2020
It did last week...
You can install it from the chrome store:
But how is their privacy policy on this compared to Bitdefender traffic light? I noticed on this it says:

Screenshot (141).png

And the concerning part also shows under the link: approved use cases

Tutman

Level 10
Verified
Apr 17, 2020
Bitdefender trafficlight is working properly with google now.

Update to v. 3.1.5.
And I didn't even notice it was broken! I wondered why my traffic light checkmarks stood out to me yesterday! :LOL: I see this under Release notes in the browser:

308561-64.png

TrafficLight​

Bitdefender TrafficLight adds a strong and non-intrusive layer of security to your browsing experience.

Bug fix for search advisor.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 51
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016
But how is their privacy policy on this compared to Bitdefender traffic light? I noticed on this it says:

View attachment 256714

And the concerning part also shows under the link: approved use cases
I don't know, Bitdefender is less clear about it.
They just say they will not use it, but don't say what they collect.