Troubleshoot Problems with Sophos UTM firewall home.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
No internet, No web admin.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Windows troubleshooter.
Hello, I installed on a machine this firewall but I have no access to the Internet or the Web admin. My path to access the firewall is https://192.168.0.1:4444/. But it never opens because I don't have the Internet. I tried the Windows troubleshooter but it tells me that I do not have a valid IP. The computer is connected as well: from the router to the firewall and from the firewall to my computer. If anyone can help me very grateful in advance. Best regards.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Sometimes just unpluging your modem for a few minutes ,and then back on can help,Optimum support had me do this when I had a similar problem,and it worked gl

Reactions: eonline
Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Hello, I installed on a machine this firewall but I have no access to the Internet or the Web admin. My path to access the firewall is https://192.168.0.1:4444/. But it never opens because I don't have the Internet. I tried the Windows troubleshooter but it tells me that I do not have a valid IP. The computer is connected as well: from the router to the firewall and from the firewall to my computer. If anyone can help me very grateful in advance. Best regards.

You don't need internet to access your UTM. Just connect a laptop, then static it in IPv4 to the same network pointing to the UTM as the gateway;

IP: 192.168.0.245
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Then on that device you can access it and configure it, such as setting up DHCP, pool, LAN access to WAN, etc. It's pretty traditional to configure UTM's in this manner prior to their implementation.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.