Product Update: 19.1.1.3 for Norton Internet Security 2012 and Norton AntiVirus 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Thread author
Apr 22, 2011
MINOR PRODUCT UPDATE: 19.1.1.3 for Norton Internet Security 2012 and Norton AntiVirus 2012 is Now Available
To receive the update, simply run LiveUpdate and download the update. A reboot will be required once the update is applied.

To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Support, and select About. The version number of the new release is 19.1.1.3
4. What are the changes in this release?

19.1.1.3 contains only minor changes. These changes are focused around our Online Platform and Norton Confidential/Norton Toolbar and include:
- Corrected an issue where Product Name/Version was not properly passed through when navigating online help.
- Correct an issue with "Failed to login to your Norton Account" may display erroneously.
- Improved Norton Toolbar/NCO Functionality with Google Chrome.
- Fixed Sync issues with Norton Management and the Norton Product.
- Corrected an issue where Identity Safe may force you to change your password after an elapsed period of time.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks for the notice, maybe the update also was included about other issue posted by users in their forum.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Symantec said:
Another Note:

This patch is necessary to prepare your Norton 2012 Product for the upcoming Firefox 7 compatibility update that we will release to Norton Products at a future date.
Cheers,
Tim Lopez
Norton Forums Administrator
Symantec Corporation

The patch is delivered through the Live Update system so everyone should get it with no problems.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
Same here, I've just upgraded to 2012 a few hours before getting this update. All I can say is - Symantec seems to be the standard for streamlined, fast and efficient upgrade, I know now they've spoiled me badly in my future expectations of what an upgrade process should be :). Downloaded the full 2012 installer [110 MB] in about 5 minutes, another 3 to install - wow!
Then updated to 19.1.1.3 - running smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.