Pros and Cons of SpyShelter Firewall, before I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Would like to know the pro's & con's with this firewall before i buy it,do not need free firewall advice thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica and Ink

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Thanks champ but that does not contain a firewall check the pic i provided. They say if you buy that you have the possibility to upgrade to a firewall.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    37.3 KB · Views: 568
Reactions: Logethica and Ink

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
When it comes to superiority then Comodo as the edge (at all terms) for this but Spyshelter Firewall can be worth to try as it include Sandbox Mode for restricted apps to assign.

If I'm not mistaken, trying to test the simulation leak test from Comdo will give it a perfect ratings.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I couldn't use this product because of it's interference to several programs. One of which include completely blocking Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit from being able to product anything. It was denied hooking into anything. I believe it is too aggressive and do not recommend it unless you are willing to train it. Even with training/custom settings, it will still ruin programs like Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. I believe SpyShelter is working on a fix for this though. Note that I was using SpyShelter Premium but the firewall might have this anti-hook feature also. I was too angry to test.

Well the good thing is I don't think anything will get past this thing. It's like a damn vault. With lasers.

Last edited:

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Just ignore the hook blocking, the hook blocking is harmless, it doesn't prevent Malwarebytes from doing its job, and besides if you can always create a custom a rule for it. It's probably just bocking the send whatever anonymously etc options.

Edit:

I have Spyshelter installed the Malwarebytes anti exploit... the main feature of Malwarebytes anti exploit works just fine wihout a custom rule... passed the test file. Untick those send anonymously boxes and those rampant hook blocks will stop

Last edited:
Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.