Pros & Cons of Baidu Antivirus 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van2r

Level 1
Verified
Oct 14, 2013
I think most of members take opposite place with baidu.
but truth is something else baidu may not be the best in protection but i think it is usefull and handy in some situation.
baidu performance is good enough and does not have impact on old or weak systems nowadays with heavy antiviruses suite like kaspersky and
their impacts on Performance Boot, shut down,gaming....etc
i think baidu could be a good choice for gamers or at least people with low risk of getting infection...
active protecion is good but an another protection software for demand scan is a good choice like emsisoft and malwarebyte anti malware just for better safety and get rid out of PUP.(or a mix with Comodo Firewall With Hips On and Auto Sandbox a dramatic performance and protection even better than eset(in performance))
i think cons is just as protection almost zero day protection!
and i commend all members if anyone want to install baidu it is better to work with it's cleaner*Baidu Pc Faster) working good and optimal together.

viktik

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Cons : trying to install Baidu PC faster in innocent looking update window

BAIDU ANTIVIRUS 2015 EXTRA_18092014_021435.jpg

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
Avast is worse than Qihoo, you know this. Every detection in Avast, your software sends information about detection and file to Avast.I just want to give an example, list goes long...

I'm not saying that Quiho, Baidu, PC Faster and others are bad, in fact in my post i said that as heuristic cloud-based excellente have good protection and others. What I mentioned is how they propagate / force to get their products just look at third-party installers PUP included that will see some Chinese product. Anyway do not like this policy but each chooses what you'll feel protected.

Finally, china is the pirate of tecnology and that's a fact.

Last edited:
Y

yigido

I'm not saying that Quiho, Baidu, PC Faster and others are bad, in fact in my post i said that as heuristic cloud-based excellente have good protection and others. What I mentioned is how they propagate / force to get their products just look at third-party installers PUP included that will see some Chinese product. Anyway do not like this policy but each chooses what you'll feel protected.

Anyway, china is greater the pirate of tecnology and that's a fact.
OK :) Thanks for the information :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.