Not open for further replies.

viktik

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Post the strength and weaknesses of Bitdefender 2015 that you know

Pros : User friendly. Easy to use. very good malware detection rate, Good malicious & phishing website detection rate,Proactive successfully detects new unknown malware and blocks internet access to some of them.

Cons : Bootup gets slowed down. High RAM usage during scan .

If you use old software then there is high chance that you will encounter compatibility issues with bitdefender. So update all the installed software and install only latest softwares

Last edited:
S

starchild76

slows down browsing and loaded with tons of bugs ( atleast in the previous versions I have used ) is this still the case?

Reactions: Ali80

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Pros: Protections is quit nice. good detection rate, good signatures, one of the best webfilters, nice cloud and the proactive module "ActiveVirusControl" works nice. its userfriendly.

Cons: bad support, many ppls have heavy problems with there internetconnection, slowdowns and site loading. some bugs that exist to long without a fix( like the log button on bitdefender free that never got fixed)

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
slows down browsing and loaded with tons of bugs ( atleast in the previous versions I have used ) is this still the case?

I have purchased Bitdefender a few years ago and it still had that issue and tons of bugs. Trust me their support is awful and i am not surprised at all that some of the issues never got fixed.
They are useless...

S

starchild76

thats why they have so many giveaways for their products i guess every year......no need to buy bitdefender , because when your first promo key expires , the next promo is around the corner :) their so desperate for new paying custormers , so they try to lure them with these giveaways :p

Reactions: Ali80 and Razor555

Information

Level 1
Verified
Sep 13, 2014
Cons: Too many false positives

Bitdefender is the worst AV with Bitdefender engine.

The irony.
Cons : Bugged UI, high resources usage, can be hard to uninstall/remove (you have to rely on their uninstall tool and have to go through like 10 webpages to get it), etc.

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
thats why they have so many giveaways for their products i guess every year......no need to buy bitdefender , because when your first promo key expires , the next promo is around the corner :) their so desperate for new paying custormers , so they try to lure them with these giveaways :p

lol

I asked for my money back which i have never received it btw. :D

Reactions: starchild76

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
Bitdefender is one big virus on its own. Not even some malware have the ability to bring the system down to its knees like Bitdefender does. lol

Reactions: starchild76

viktik

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Bugs and compatibility issues ruined it.

it is understandable why customer support does not respond fast.

Reactions: Ali80

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
Bugs and compatibility issues ruined it.

it is understandable why customer support does not respond fast.

Oh it actually gets even deeper than that. They actually ban pissed off users from the forum once they understand that they will never get help from them.

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
I run BD TS 2015 on three machines and have had no problems - well very few. The times I have had to contact BD Support they have been quick and helpful.

The irony.
Cons : can be hard to uninstall/remove (you have to rely on their uninstall tool and have to go through like 10 webpages to get it), etc.
That has changed with 2015, Win 7 you can access the uninstall tool from Start>All Programs>Bitdefender 2015 and in Win 8/8,1 the Control Panel>Programs and Features does it

Oh it actually gets even deeper than that. They actually ban pissed off users from the forum once they understand that they will never get help from them.
Heh, Don't know about that but there have been a lot of regulars gone missing over time, maybe they just moved onto other AVs?

Yes, I do like the AV, it works well for me and I am more than happy with it. :)

Information

Level 1
Verified
Sep 13, 2014
I run BD TS 2015 on three machines and have had no problems - well very few. The times I have had to contact BD Support they have been quick and helpful.

That has changed with 2015, Win 7 you can access the uninstall tool from Start>All Programs>Bitdefender 2015 and in Win 8/8,1 the Control Panel>Programs and Features does it

Heh, Don't know about that but there have been a lot of regulars gone missing over time, maybe they just moved onto other AVs?

Yes, I do like the AV, it works well for me and I am more than happy with it. :)

How many years did it take Bitdefender to implement a simple, basic, uninstall solution for a program ? That's quite deceiving if you ask me. Anyway, as far as I know, you have to use the uninstall tool they provide on their website to uninstall Bitdefender Total Security 2013 under Windows 8.1.

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
Yes, that is so, but if someone wants to keep running 2 year out of date programs that is up to them.

Some like the program, others don't. I am one who does (at the moment). ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.