Protection during the infection period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
After indirect question in this thread I am asking question about Webroot protection here.

I have chat with Biozfear who suggest me to open seperate thread in which members who use or have knowledge about the product can describe the method and clear my doubts.

My query is :

Suppose my computer get infection and I already have Webroot secureanywhere complete on it and its unable to detect the threat ( Please don't say that even if you have "X" av and it will miss,the test done at various labs and here at MT shows webroot misses many).

According to rollback features how will Webroot protect during time of no detection until it gets detected, considering upon detection scan will kick in and roll back any changes.

What happen to my sensitive data during the infection period

I read that there is encryption of your sensitive data but how I believe as I don't find any specific software like "safemoney" "safezone" where my data are safe even my machine is infected.

How come webroot able to know which are my sensitive data?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

you have Safe Start Sandbox and Identity Shield (that show the lock in the tray icon when you are active on your browser) , you can adjust the level abd create rules for the websites you visit.

Now for files in your HDD, i dont see any visible setting except the Core Shield. Maybe it is done in the background.

i will ask in the beta tester channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.