Proxies - free proxy servers that actually work and are not a security risk

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Does anyone know of any free proxy servers that actually work and are not a security risk?

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
RE: Proxies

I can't be 100% certain this will provide exactly what you want but have a look at it... http://proxpn.com/

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011

Ok. I will do that. Thanks Tweak.

I must admit. This is pretty freakin' cool. Thanks again Tweak!

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011

ZOU1 said:
Ok. I will do that. Thanks Tweak.

I must admit. This is pretty freakin' cool. Thanks again Tweak!

You're welcome buddy, happened across that awhile ago and thought it was one of the better, maybe best I could recall having seen, hope it works well and provides all you were looking for, I have no other suggestions if it doesn't. :)

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011

I am having trouble setting this up to interact with my wireless connection (LINKSYS USB 300). Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011

The best I can suggest is to look in their support section, I am unsure what specific problems you might be encountering.

Anything here useful?
https://support.proxpn.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=view

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

If you are using Firefox 4 you should try Cocoon
It's pretty decent and now it's free:D

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011

There are hundreds of free web based proxies. Just Google it.

www.hidemyass.com

Inside hidemyass you will several other links to free proxy servers.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Also http://air-proxy.com:82/ has a decent service..but If I were you I would just go with Cocoon.....

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011

Thank you very much. I will look into it.

I like this Cocoon. It is very straight forward.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost VPN is a personal VPN client and online service that lets users browse the Internet anonymously by acting as a firewall and server between your PC and your ISP. It lets you surf the Web normally while hiding your IP address and displaying a dead-end address. It's available in free and premium versions; the free version can only be installed on one PC and only one account can be activated on each computer, whereas the premium account offers more options and features.

Free version ; Limitations 1-Gb limit after 6 hours
Paid version ; link

Screenshot :
[attachment=635]

Attachments

• image89.png
    image89.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 651

amazingAG

Jun 1, 2011
The proxy servers and VPN are not the same. Though they serve almost the same purpose but there is a slight difference between the two. I would suggest you to use VPN(Virtual Private Network) over proxy servers. VPN's are much more secure/reliable than proxy servers.
There are both free and paid VPNs. If you want to go for paid VPNs, try Hidemyass. It is the best VPN service. As far as free VPNs are concerned UltraVPN, ProXPN and CyberGhost VPN are the best.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.