System recovery
None

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Moved to KeePass Password manager including on all mobile devices and deleted LasPass and xmarks accounts permanently.
Now I synchronise bookmarks with EverSync across browsers and even store them on the default Google and Mozilla accounts.
I even take periodic backups of my bookmarks and Keepass entries so I dont loose them on 2012.:ROFLMAO:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Updated.

Cloud services are yet to be decided. I have,

Box: 50 GB
Dropbox: 2.8 GB
Google Drive: 15 GB
OneDrive: 30 GB
MEGA: 50GB

So with all this space I am confused on which one should I go with. I want it to be supported cross platform and live in the ecosystem thing.

Reactions: harlan4096

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Consider adding the following:
  • Zemana Anti Malware & Emsisoft Emergency Kit
  • Change Privacy Badger to Privacy Possum
  • Scriptsafe, Decentraleyes, Norton Web Safe, VTChromize/VTZilla, uBlock Origin for extensions (GC & FF)
  • Sandboxie for web browsers
  • OSArmor for further comp security, it's also light
  • Maybe add Malwarebytes Extension to FF
  • Syshardener to Utilities, used for Hardening windows, the basic WF rules and extra security
~LDogg

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Consider adding the following:
  • Zemana Anti Malware & Emsisoft Emergency Kit
  • Change Privacy Badger to Privacy Possum
  • Scriptsafe, Decentraleyes, Norton Web Safe, VTChromize/VTZilla, uBlock Origin for extensions (GC & FF)
  • Sandboxie for web browsers
  • OSArmor for further comp security, it's also light
  • Maybe add Malwarebytes Extension to FF
  • Syshardener to Utilities, used for Hardening windows, the basic WF rules and extra security
~LDogg
I guess you haven't noticed that I use HitmanPro.Alert and Hitman Pro which performs all the major tasks of the applications that you have recommended.
Thank you though, I can try them once my HMPA license expires.:giggle:

Except for the browser extensions, how different is Privacy Possum from Privacy Badger?

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Purshu_Pro: do You use "Paragon Backup and Recovery 16" to make also image system backups or only important data?

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Updated.

Cloud services are yet to be decided. I have,

Box: 50 GB
Dropbox: 2.8 GB
Google Drive: 15 GB
OneDrive: 30 GB
MEGA: 50GB

So with all this space I am confused on which one should I go with. I want it to be supported cross platform and live in the ecosystem thing.

I had something similar config in the past :)
Why don't you use SUA?
If you want cross platform and long time support then Google, Mega, OneDrive.
Personally I use Mega between my phone and my PC. Pick two at least, because 2 backups are better then 1 and so on.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@Purshu_Pro: do You use "Paragon Backup and Recovery 16" to make also image system backups or only important data?
To be honest, I dont use it, it just sits in my system. And I dont need any backup software since I do them manually to Cloud or my ext. HDD.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I had something similar config in the past :)
Why don't you use SUA?
If you want cross platform and long time support then Google, Mega, OneDrive.
Personally I use Mega between my phone and my PC. Pick two at least, because 2 backups are better then 1 and so on.
I also use Ubuntu, hence I need on with perfect synchronisation. I dont trust OneDrive again for my personal data storage after what happened to me with OneNote. Hence I am looking for an alternate solution. Since many suggests MEGA, I will give it a try and what is SUA?

Reactions: Vasudev

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
SUA -> Standard User Account...
:ROFLMAO: Okay.. Why standard? Whats wrong being an admin? With base defences I believe its safe. And since I do know my habits its not easy for some stuff to just pass by without my acknowledgement. But still I believe its a strong feature to hold up to and also annoys if we need to repeatedly provide the PW for the applications that I play with.
Thank you.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Even if you know your habits it is highly recommended to use the SUA as your daily account. Many experienced user here use it because that is way more secure than the admin account.
If you choose a PIN it's very easy to run something that requires admin rights. Using the admin account daily is a mistake.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.