Qihoo 360 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I'm currently using Qihoo 360 TSE as my real time antivirus, but i have couple questions need to ask you guys. So the questions is 1) Should i enable Avira real time and manual engine? Since i'm a hardcore gamer and don't want AV to slow down my PC performance at all. So i thinking 360 cloud engine only is good enough? And i don't visit phishing and malware site often, but there could be possible chances that a site might get compromise by a hacker,therefore, i really needs good web and file protection in this case. The 2nd question is since Qihoo 360 offer Malicious Web Protection in its settings, does this feature work on Google Chrome as well? Last question is can i run Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium along with Qihoo 360? If yes, then how i can set exclusion for Malwarebytes in Qihoo 360 TSE? And do you think i should run Malwarebytes conjunction with Qihoo 360 TSE? Thanks user102.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
1) Its up to you, there's no harm to enable Avira engine as your protection will increase a slight bit as long you don't experience any slowdowns.

2) For the game scenario, you may activate Game Mode or conduct a pause protection for a meantime, because as you play full screen then barely any target attacks occur on other cases unless you visit a shady website.

3) Malicious Web Protection should work well on stable/current version of Google Chrome.

4) Optional but better not to include as we prefer simplicty unless paranoid or savvy users to experiment.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
I'm currently using Qihoo 360 TSE as my real time antivirus, but i have couple questions need to ask you guys. So the questions is 1) Should i enable Avira real time and manual engine? Since i'm a hardcore gamer and don't want AV to slow down my PC performance at all. So i thinking 360 cloud engine only is good enough? And i don't visit phishing and malware site often, but there could be possible chances that a site might get compromise by a hacker,therefore, i really needs good web and file protection in this case. The 2nd question is since Qihoo 360 offer Malicious Web Protection in its settings, does this feature work on Google Chrome as well? Last question is can i run Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium along with Qihoo 360? If yes, then how i can set exclusion for Malwarebytes in Qihoo 360 TSE? And do you think i should run Malwarebytes conjunction with Qihoo 360 TSE? Thanks user102.
Malwarebytes is design to work with any AV whatever its an AV that sucks like F-port or a powerful AV like Gdata.

Reactions: SloppyMcFloppy

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
If you going to run Qihoo 360 TSE with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium then you don't need to enable Avira engine. I recommend you to run only Qihoo 360 TSE then playing games to increase performance. Enable Avira engine only if you need offline protection because 360 TSE is useless offline.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Another question: Qihoo ask me do i want to install 360 internet security extension for Google Chrome should i click install or cancel?

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Click install if you need Web Protection if don't need Web Protection then don't install.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I just win SecureAPlus giveaway, and just want to ask is this compatible with Qihoo 360 TSE real time protection?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
SecureAplus is design to be compatible with other current AV as possible and that shouldn't collide to each other.

One thing concern is to disable some tweaks of Qihoo like the HIPS concept and let the whitelisting of SecureAplus do the job. ;)

Reactions: SayanQ

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
SecureAplus is design to be compatible with other current AV as possible and that shouldn't collide to each other.

One thing concern is to disable some tweaks of Qihoo like the HIPS concept and let the whitelisting of SecureAplus do the job. ;)

Thanks for the replied and by HIPS do you mean Malicious Behavior Blocking in Qihoo?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@user102: To be exact, well its matter of your choice which part of the plan you want to occupy the shields. ;) Observe if both of them will be enable since again no collide conflicts may occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.